Chapter 5: In The Garden

You sat down in the chair Sebastian pulled out for you. Ciel sat to your right at the head of the table while the others waited behind Sebastian.

   " Noooooo! "

You looked towards the doors leading to the hallway, hearing Grell scream. Before you could investigate the matter, the doors were thrown open, by Grell, on top of a cart full of tea, sugar, and milk. The cart sped into the room and crashed into Finny. Grell fell off the cart that now laid sideways, and teacups shattered, with tea spilling on the light blue carpet. Some of the scalding coffee spilled on Finny's shirt.

   " Hot! Hot, hot hot! "

Finny held his shirt from touching his skin so that the hot tea wouldn't burn him anymore. Grell stood up and ran towards Finny, crouching in front of the gardener.

   " I--I'm so sorry! I'll wipe you off right away! "

You shook your head at Grell's clumsiness and starving at your food. You raised your fork to start eating, but the fork only hit the wooden table when you reached for your plate. You looked towards where the table cloth had been pulled and saw that Grell had removed the table cloth in an attempt to get a napkin. Some of the dishes shattered against the floor, while the other china tipped over. Your plate was tipped over, and your food spilled onto the white table cloth. You felt imaginary tears running down your face from not eating the gorgeous-looking food. Ciel only sighed and placed his fingers on his forehead.

   " Young master, why did you take in this useless bum? " Bard whispered between you and Ciel.

   " Are you one to talk? I miscalculated. I thought the only one inconvenienced would be Sebastian, and I wouldn't suffer any harm. . ."

Finny, Mey-Rin, and Bard glared down at Grell as he apologized for his mistakes.

   " I'm terribly sorry for causing you all such trouble. . .I know! I will die once and for all. I'll atone with my death! " Grell shouted, pulling out a long knife and pointing the blade at his throat.

You felt your body jump slightly, not expecting Grell to try and kill himself. 

   " Hey, don't do anythin' rash! " Bard yelled.

   " Wh--When did he get that knife? " Mey-Rin questioned.

Sebastian left Ciel's side and walked up to Grell, placing a hand on his shoulder.

   " No need for you to die. If blood sprays everywhere, the room will be that much harder to clean. "

Grell lowered the knife, and you saw his eyes glimmer.

   " Sebastian, you're so kind. . ."

   ' Kind!? You almost took your life, and Sebastian was only worried about cleaning your blood, instead of helping you! '

Sebastian pulled the rest of the table cloth off and placed a fresh one on the table. He prepared another cup of tea with china that had not broken yet, and served the tea to Ciel and then you. You took a sip of the warm tea, still concerned over Grell's well-being. 

   " Young master it's almost time. I have a carriage waiting out front. "

   " Right. "

   " All right, everyone, I'll leave the cleaning up to you. Grell, please just sit and rest so that you don't cause unnecessary trouble. If you should decide to rest eternally, I ask that you please do so outside. "

   " Sebastian. . .You're so kind. . . "

   ' Grell, I need to teach you what kindness means! ' You shouted in your head.