Chapter 33: The Reveal

' Why is it always me that gets injured and knocked out? '

You sat on your bed, waiting for Mey-Rin to come back into the room. You had woken up, and she was changing your water at your bedside. Mey-Rin jumped, seeing you wake up but ran out of the room immediately to get something for you to eat. So, now you sat on your bed, with bandages wrapping around your abdomen, and alone.

   ' Where even is Ciel and Sebastian? Mey-Rin, I know, would've told them I was awake first. Maybe they're out. '

   " Here you are my lady! "

Mey-Rin ran into your room with a tray, and she set it across your legs on the bed. Bard and Finny followed behind her, entering the room with smiles.

   " You're awake! " Finny cheered.

   " Good, te' see ya kicken! When you were brought back to th' townhouse, we all thought you were a gonner. " 

Bard sat at the edge of your bed while Finny sat beside you. Everyone had smiles on their faces as they looked at you. You looked down at the food, Mey-Rin brought you and started eating.

   " Thank you. Where are Ciel and Sebastian? "

   " Master had a request from Her Majesty! She needed him to go take a look at an old castle to turn it into a resort of some kind. He should be coming back today! " Finny said.

You could practically see flowers blooming around Finny, which made you feel happy for Finny. Then, you finished your breakfast and talked with everyone about what had happened in the manor, but they all had mentioned Ciel, in some way, during their stories.

   " The young master wouldn't leave his office or your room, for some time! "

   " Yeah! He would either be workin' or sittin' in here reading a book. "

   " The master would even, come in here, to eat, yes he would! "

   " He even made sure to get you flowers from the garden to put in here, for you! "

   " Yeah, he also's been more lax with us, and he hasn't been naggin us. "

They continued to tell you stories about Ciel and what he would do while you were asleep for the last three days. You had finished eating and just sat there listening to them speak. You had noticed that they only mentioned things Ciel had done and nothing they had done or Sebastian. You questioned them about why they were only mentioning Ciel, but they would just grin and continue storytelling.

   " I think I'm going to go to London, for a bit. "

   " But you just woke up! " Finny said, his smile faltering.

   " I know, but I have business I need to take care of there before I forget. " 

   " What about our master? Don't you wan tot wait for him? " Mey-Rin asked.

   " I do, but I want to walk around, and stretch my legs. "

   "Okay, well, Tanaka can take ye into town. The rest of us need to clean and prepare for our young master's arrival. Don't be long tho, okay? " Bard asked, looking toward you.

   " Alright. "

Mey-Rin took your tray, and everyone left to let you get dressed. You changed into something simple yet warm, with some boots to keep your feet cozy. After changing, you walked down to the front door, where Tanaka was waiting for you, with a carriage ready to escort you to London.

The carriage ride was quiet, and there were a few bumps in the road, but when you got to London, you couldn't spot anyone walking the streets. There was no one around. Finally, Tanaka stopped at the market and opened the door for you.