Chapter 3: Meeting the Aunt

You walked through the halls looking at the paintings hanging from the walls. They were beautiful, but you would notice small holes in the wallpaper that looked like a mouse could climb through.

   " Bloody hell. . .this wire's done for. "

You followed the voice and turned around the corner in the hall. Finny, Mey-Rin, and Bard sitting on the floor in front of a hole in the floorboards.

   " Oh, not the rats again! " Mey-Rin said, looking at wire that and been chewed on.

   " This is getting ridiculous, I mean I head they'd been plaguing London lately, but this is far out of the city. "

   " Is everything alright? " You asked, approaching the three.

The three turned their heads towards you and slowly stood up. 

   " It's Y/n, yes it is! "

   " It's nothing to worry our head over. It's just rats. It seems they've found their way out of the city and here to the countryside. " Bard said, speaking without letting his cigarette fall from his lips.

   " Yes, they have been around. My servants sent me a letter saying that they found a few in my home. "

Your eyes focused on a small mouse that jumped out of the hole in the floor. You pointed to the mouse, and the three freaked out a little. Finny was the first to react, grabbing a statue of a man's head and shoulders before throwing it at the hole, giving Bard and Mey-Rin no time to move.

   " I've got you rat! "

The ground shook when the statue landed on the hole. You leaned against the wall to keep your balance, and when the dust cleared, there was a larger hole in the floor, but there was no rat anywhere to be seen.

   " Looks like it got away. . .hee hee. " Finny laughed.

   " What're you laughing for?! Are you trying to kill us, too, you idiot?! "

   " Won't Sebastian and Ciel also get mad at you for making a hole in the floor? " You questioned.

The three turned to you with a dread look on their faces. You felt yourself sweat a bit from their looks.

   " Quick! Finny, get some stuff to repair the floor! We have to get this fixed before Sebastia sees! " Bard shouted.

Finny nodded and started to run and get supplies before the same mouse appeared in front of him.

   " Look there's another one! "

   " Catch it! " Bard shouted at Finny.

Finny jumped at the rat but missed, catching it. The rat jumped over Finny's hands and towards Mey-Rin, who creamed and took a mousetrap out of her skirt pocket. She tried to use the trap, but the rat moved around Mey-Rin. You crouched down on the floor and held your hand out for the rat to climb on your hand. The rat, smelling no hostility towards you, jumped on your hand. The mouse was small and fit in your hand perfectly. 

   " Y/n caught the rat! " Bard shouted, pointing towards your hand.

   " Please calm down. It's so tiny; it's just a mouse, not a rat. " You said, smiling at the trio.

You walked to the window and opened it. You leaned out of the window and placed the mouse on the grass outside. The mouse scurried off, not looking back at the manor. You leaned back into the hallway ad shut the window.

   " It's not so hard to catch one. " You said, looking towards the three.

   " Says you! The thing practically trusted you. "