Chapter 28: Meeting Tom and Henry

" So, I don't need to worry about food today? "

   " No, Black took care of it. Just help clean around, and move things. I'll be in the main tent if you need me. "

Beast walked out of her tent after telling you your jobs for the day. You could only nod and leave the tent as well, starting on your job. So you skipped breakfast and started to get to work.

   ' The faster I get done, the faster I can start investigating the other tents. '

You first started cleaning up the plates from breakfast, washing them, and then drying them in the kitchen. Sebastian served all of the food he had made, allowing him the opportunity to look over at you. You had grabbed the bin of dirty dishes and walked outside; then you collected a basin of clean soapy water. Sitting on a stool, you worked at cleaning and drying the dishes. You had started drying the last set of plates when you felt a presence behind you.

   " Well, hello Joker. How are you doing today? "

Joker looked down at you with his natural smile and tapped his cane against your side.

   " I'm well enough. But ye haven't eaten, beauty. "

   " Lots of work today, I don't want to be caught behind. "

   " Ye should still eat, darlin'. I don't want ye fainting. "

Joker rested the end of his cane back on the floor and leaned on it, leaning toward you. Finally, you finished the last dish and set it on a stack to be used for lunch. You stood from your stool and smiled at Joker.

   " I won't. I'll eat a big lunch. "

   " Ye, better or I'll come to get 'ee and make 'ee. I'm skipping into town if 'ee wish to accompany me. "

   " Sure. Just come grab me when you leave. "

   " Okay! I'll leave 'ee to work, then. "

Joker walked away from you, waving, and you started to gather the dishes together. But you stopped when you saw Ciel's figure run from the showers. His figure ran behind the caravans. You left the dishes, willing yourself to get in trouble, and ran after him. You passed the first cart and ran past them, looking for Ciel. You spotted him, sitting near a wheel, clutching his clothes tightly, and he was shaking. He wore the clothes he entered the circus instead of his performance clothes. He was also dripping wet. You slowly walked toward him, and you crouched beside the man. You placed a hand on his back and rubbed his back soothingly. 

Ciel peeked out of his arms, looking at you. He leaned into your touch, and you wrapped both arms around him, trying to comfort him. He didn't cry or shed any tears, but he was wet, cold, and shaking. You didn't ask what happened, and you continued to hold him.

   " You'll catch cold, my lord. "

Sebastian kneeled beside you and Ciel, dropping a blanket around your shoulders. Ciel didn't lift his head or attempt to pull the blanket around himself, so you did. Then, you pulled the blanket around yourselves and continued to hold him close, getting yourself wet.

   " I've brought a change of clothes. "

   " Enough. . ." Ciel muttered.

   " What was that, Ciel? " You asked.

   " I've had enough! I'll go mad if I keep living like this. "

Ciel pressed his face into your shoulder and wrapped his arms around your waist, hiding.

   " Goodness me. Giving up already? Your fortitude ran dry fast. It's not like you to let such trifles drive you mad, young master. "

Ciel continued to shake and grip your waist, but when he stopped shaking, you looked at his bright blue eye to see it dilated.

My Lady (Black Butler x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें