Chapter 260: A Night in the Sanctuary

Start from the beginning

From a tent, a sleeping bag, and some bug repellant, she was prepared and ready to stay for the night. Though she had experienced camping before, she always slept in the carriage. It was precisely because of that that she was a little excited... There was just itsy-bitsy little bit of a problem....

"Hm? Didn't we tell you? We're not camping." [Grey]

"Eh?" [Iris]

"Huh?" [Grey]

... Neither Grey and Yuna were actually planning to camp out in the woods. Rather, the thought of it never crossed their minds at all. They only looked each other in the eye, a trace of bewilderment brewing within.

Iris' questions were soon answered. With a simple flick of Grey's finger, something similar to a gate appeared before everyone, and as soon as they entered, yet another absurd yet beautiful sight greeted them. Iris was frozen in shock.

A river cruising through the lands, expansive fields as far as the eyes can see, and beautiful stars reigning above them. But perhaps what was most intriguing was the lone house standing in the middle of nowhere. It was massive and beautiful, unfit for the scenery surrounding it.

Of course, the said house was none other than Grey and Yuna's "Sanctuary House" which took them a great deal of effort and time to complete. Their very own camping house that they use whenever they are on a journey.

"Iris~! Come inside! You're going to get cold if you just stand there and stay outside for too long. Hurry~!" [Yuna]

"A-Ah, yes!" [Iris]

Iris quickly snapped back to reality as Yuna called her, and soon, she headed inside the house, only to be surprised some more. The outside was already beautiful but even more so was the inside.

From left to right, the house was fully furnished with all sorts of furniture. There were sofas, tables, lamps, rugs, and many more. And not just furniture, the house comes with all kinds of rooms as well, and a whole second floor to boot!

"Is something wrong, Iris?" [Grey]

"A-Ah, no... I think I'm just a little tired..." [Iris]

"That's not good. You shouldn't push yourself too much. Why don't you sit on the sofa for now and rest a little." [Grey]

"Okay... Thank you, Elder Brother Grey..." [Iris]

"Anytime." [Grey]

Yet despite how absurd it was, the owners were acting very casually, acting as if there was nothing out of the ordinary. Grey and Yuna simply headed to the kitchen and started taking out ingredients one after another without a single care in the world.

Then again, they are people who'd easily beat the lights out of S-rank monsters and casually dive down to the deepest floors of dungeons and labyrinths just for the sake of training. It was only to be expected, to be fair.

"Iris~! We'll be cooking dinner now. Is there anything you'd like to eat?" [Yuna]

"A-Ah! I-I'm fine with anything!" [Iris]

"Are you sure?" [Yuna]

"Yes, no problem at all! Elder Brother Grey and Elder Sister Yuna's cooking is always delicious, after all!" [Iris]

"Fufufu! That makes us glad to hear that." [Yuna]

There was no time to waste. With a light and merry atmosphere in the air, Grey and Yuna then grabbed their knives and started cooking. Though they would love it if Iris could also join them like before, they let her rest for now. Traveling is tough, after all.