Chapter 259: Royal Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

Clack Clack Clack

And like usual, the whole castle was very busy. Knights marched around the corridors and the servants carried out their task, hall after hall. In fact, it was even busier than ever, panic seemingly painted on the faces of the knights.

Well, not that it has anything to do with them. With illusion magic veiling their figures, they simply continued walking down the corridors, heading straight towards where Iris was with the help of Grey's eyes.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Count Mills. I will be absent from the Royal Castle for quite some time so I'm afraid it would be difficult to fulfill your request." [Iris]

"I see... That's unfortunate..." [Count]

"But worry not, Count Mills. If it is just regarding the documents about the northern mines, I believe Her Majesty would be most knowledgeable. I can relay a message for you if need be." [Iris]

"That would be delightful, Your Highness. I would very much love that." [Count]

Surely enough, as they followed Grey's lead, they soon arrived at the halls where the Princess Royal was conversing with a count. She was unlike her usual self, much more dignified and formal to suit the mood.

They have been spending so much time with Iris that Grey and Yuna had almost forgotten what Iris previously was. Seeing her act so proper and dignified makes them once again realize that she was a princess.

"Then, I'll leave everything to you, Your Highness." [Count]

"Yes. You can rest assured." [Iris]

Soon enough, the conversation between the Count and the Princess Royal finally reached its conclusion. The Count went on ahead his way back whilst Iris remained at the corridors, heaving a lengthy sigh.

"Iris~!" [Yuna]

"E-Eh?! Elder Sister Yuna?!" [Iris]

She didn't even notice her approaching. Before Iris could move her foot, a sudden embrace came from behind, followed by a familiar voice. Of course, it was none other than Yuna who was now snuggling her face close to hers.

And behind Yuna was Grey whose footsteps were silent as the dead. Joining Yuna's cuddling, Grey reached out his hand and patted her head gently. She may be a princess, but to them, she was just a young child.

"Are you ready to go?" [Grey]

"Y-Yes! I've already prepared everythingー But, ah! There's something I must do first. Would that be fine?" [Iris]

"About Her Majesty, right? Don't worry, it's fine." [Yuna]

"Eh?! You heard us talking?!" [Iris]

"Un! And our Iris was so cool~!" [Yuna]

It was unintentional, but Grey and Yuna still eavesdropped on their talk. Learning about such a fact, Iris couldn't help but feel shy, embarrassed a little bit. Especially with all the praise from the two. Her cheeks were flushed.

But all the teasing aside, everyone soon headed to where the Queen was. Well, not just the Queen, the Crown Princess, and, of course, the Little Princess. They were having a little tea party, enjoying their morning break to the fullest.

"Big Bro! Big Sis! Aunshie!" [Natalia]

With her little legs, the Little Princess rushed towards the three as fast as she could as soon as she saw them. She was full of excitement, a few cookie crumbs still on her cheeks as she gave each of them a tight hug.

"Little Princess, it's good that you're energetic, but you shouldn't run too fast like that. You might get hurt." [Yuna]

"No worry! Nalia, shtrong!" [Natalia]