33. The Club

I needed to get away from my house and I was definitely not ready to go back to the Sinha mansion just yet. So, I suggested we go clubbing and the men agreed.

It was my first time going to an actual nightclub. Prior to that day, I always had to stick to a curfew of 10pm. The Sinhas tried to change it to 8pm but after a pretty big argument, Ranajit Sinha stepped in and made me agree to have Sayan around me all the time if I wanted to keep the curfew at 10. I had begrudgingly agreed. The few times that I could visit a club were the times when I was away with Ritwik, be it on actual business trip or a break, but we usually ended up tangled up with each other or tearing our hair out trying to figure out a particularly tricky business situation. All in all, I was never able to step into the nightclub scene.

I was a bit worried whether or not I would be allowed inside whatever club Sayan was driving us to in my work clothes, well, Ritwik's work clothes. I looked at him through the corner of my eye. He was still wearing his work suit looking extremely handsome as always. I never understood how someone could look so uptight and yet so ridiculously attractive at the same time.

"What?" He asked with a grin.

I shook my head. "Nothing." I didn't realise I had started to blatantly stare at him. I looked ahead to see we were approaching a building with a hoarding that read "Nyx" in glowing white letters on a dark blue background.

I undid a couple buttons of the shirt I was wearing and dug into the small sling bag I always had on me. My emergency danglers that I had put in there and forgotten about and my reddish lip balm were all I had to make myself club worthy. I tugged at my hair and let my hair out of my bun and combed through it with my fingers to make it go back to it's naturally wavy state instead of the birds nest it had turned into.

I need to dye it again. The brown is turning yellowish.

"This is the best I can do." I grumbled.

"Why did you-" I didn't let him finish his question as I made my way towards the decent sized line outside the club.

But he grabbed my hand and brought me to the front of the line. I watched Sayan shake the guard's hand and pull him into one of those side bro hugs where they ended up patting each other's backs. The guard shot a smile at Ritwik who was emotionless as usual. We were immediately allowed inside and a couple people seemed to protest. The guard explained something but it was hard to hear properly due to the loud music inside but I did catch the word "owner".

Obviously.

I felt severely underdressed as I looked at the sea of women in sparkly and or short party clothes. It reminded me that I wasn't pretending to be bi. No, some of those women could make straight women question themselves and I was but a weak minded woman. I caught the eye of a gorgeous woman in a velvet red dress with a sweetheart neckline. Before I could try to figure out whether I wanted to be her or be with her, I realised that she was smiling at Ritwik.

It was expected so I don't know why I suddenly wanted to punch that stranger.

Wasn't I interested in her just moments ago? Yeah, that was probably why. I feel jealous of him and rejected by her so my brain is wanting revenge. That's not normal brain. Calm down.

She began walking towards us but before she could reach us, Ritwik grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the other side to the bar.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" The bartender asked with a smile. He was cute but not my type, so I wasn't gawking at him or anything. Plus, I was still wounded from the fact that Miss Velvet wasn't looking at me.

I didn't know if clubs had Magic Moments and I was too embarassed to ask. That's the only alcohol I had in my entire life besides like a sip of Tuborg and like one peg of Royal Stag. Safe to say, I wasn't very experienced.