21. Last straw

After what happened with my other story, I decided that I wasn't gonna take myself seriously. At least not for this book, so this is just me having fun bashing the stereotypes in Indian soap operas and a couple in Romance Novels. I make myself laugh with this book and if you found yourself laughing as well, we got the same sense of humour. Anyway, enjoy!

Oh and I'm planning on doing Ritwik's POV tell me what you feel about that!

*********†*****†*********

Once I was outside the Sinha mansion, the next issue presented itself. I had no idea how to go to work and I had about 25 minutes to reach if I didn't want to be late. I had been to the mansion a couple times before but every time it was via the company car. I decided to take an uber despite the fact that the prices made me want to scream and throw up. But of course, as luck would have it, no cars were available and I had just wasted 5 minutes.

Panicked, I called the last person I wanted to ask for help. But I knew he stayed in the neighborhood and would probably help me out. If not, I was screwed.

"What do you want?"

"I need help. I need to get to work in....15 minutes and I don't have any idea about the bus routes and no ubers available."

"So, you want me to be your chauffeur?"

"No, I want you to do me a favour and I'll owe you one!"

"As if you could ever do anything I'd need." I could feel him roll his eyes at me. He did that a lot as did I. We didn't really like each other as such.

"I'm your girlfriend's best friend."

"Hm. Okay. I'll cash in the favour when I need. Send me your location. I'll pick you up in 5."

"Be fas-" He cut the call before I could finish the sentence.

I was thoroughly irritated but at least I'd be getting to work. Of course I'd be late but it would the first time of the month so it shouldn't be too bad. But then again I had no idea how late I'd be.

I texted him my location and waited patiently. I then texted Molly informing her that I'll be a little late.

True to his word, Arunav showed up in 5 minutes in deep blue Maruti Suzuki Baleno. I only knew that name because he wouldn't shut up about how much he hated that car and wanted something better but his boss wouldn't give him a raise.

He rolled down the window and looked at me with annoyance. "Unlike yours my time actually has value."

I rolled my eyes and got in. I made sure to slam the door shut.

"One day, I'll slam your head like that."

"Be my guest. It would be better than tolerating your presence."

"Then why don't you get down. The longer you're in my car, the dirtier it gets."

"Every second I breathe in your foul smell is pure torture."

We threw a couple more insults at each other before finally shutting up. It was then I finally realised that I hadn't told him my destination.

"Do you even know where to go?"

"Everyone knows where the Sinha Groups headquarters is in. It's a landmark."

"Who told you I'm going there?"

"What? Did your boss finally fire you? Guess he couldn't handle being married to you and working with you, huh?"

"You wish, dickwad. I still work there. I'm just surprised that you know where I work."