23. Orange Roses

Ritwik didn't deserve it. Just because I was going through a lot doesn't mean he wasn't affected at all.

After my visit to the washroom made it clear that it was just a false alarm and Mother Nature hadn't visited me yet, my mind began to run through ideas to figure out how I could apologise to him for constantly lashing out at him.

I needed something to show that I was truly sorry and not just trying to buy his forgiveness. As I exited the women's restroom, my eyes landed a florist shop closeby. It reminded me of a video I watched where some men were asked what was the equivalent of flowers for men and a lot of them answered flowers. Apparently men don't get flowers that much but would love to recieve them.

I remembered that he once tried to explain the meaning of flowers once but I completely zoned out. So, I googled the meanings of flowers so that I didn't accidentally give something that meant maybe, "I want to kill you" or something. Apparently it was calla lilies. Armed with my new knowledge, I approached the lady selling it.

"Good morning, ma'am. How can I help you?"

"Do you have white calla lilies?"

She shook her head. "No, we don't carry those. If you could tell me the purpose, I could suggest something else."

Yeah. No.

"Just a second."

I knew one thing for sure, that there was a rose for pretty much everything a relationship could mean. So I decided to google meaning of different rose colours.

Bingo!

A site showed the meaning of different colours of roses and the significance the numbers have. The one closest to what I wanted was the orange rose.

There's no way they car-

They did in fact carry orange roses. Looking for the orange roses, my eyes landed on the artificial flowers next to the real ones. The artificial section also had orange roses.

Carrying a bouquet of roses into his office and then leaving without it would let the others know that those were for him. They'd think I was bribing him. And there was no way I could give those to him at his house without converting the whole house into a battle field. Buying the fake ones would be the best option. Apparently 5 roses showed that I cared about him, so that was the number I was getting.

"Can I have the artificial ones? 3 orange and 2 yellow roses."

The florist smiled at me and turned my request into a bouquet. Part of me wondered if she was judging me for asking for orange roses after white calla lilies. It didn't matter but it still bothered me for a bit. I watched her turn it into the most beautiful bouquet with the proper amount of leaves and other stuff that they put on bouquets. I thanked her and paid for it. Then stuffed it inside my handbag before making my way to the fifth floor to meet Surya at the food court.

"I already ordered our pizza."

"Did you order the pepper barbeque chicken?"

"Yes. And I got it at the everyday value option. I also got the detailed bill."

I grinned and sat down in the chair facing him. "And what did you order for them?" I pointed at the bodyguards. Two of who had definitely followed me around.

"What? Why would I order for them? I don't know them."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you really think I wouldn't recognise the uniforms of your bodyguards?"

He opened his mouth probably to lie about it but thought better of it. "They can buy whatever they want if they want to. We usually pay for their food in this situation."