31. Metro rush

Sorry, for the two week delay. My new work has gotten a little overwhelming. It's hard for me to manage my schedule but no worries. I'll hopefully will be back on track soon. I will upload another chapter soon. In the mean time, enjoy this little filler chapter.

*********†*****†*********

"I don't understand why can't we just drive there!"

"You'll waste so much petrol! Come on, the metro is definitely a cheaper option."

Ritwik groaned. "It's fine. It's not like we will do this everyday. The car is so much more comfortable."

"And wasteful!" I added.

In reality, I just wanted to see if he was tough enough to deal with the metro trains' office hour rush. And I wanted someone I know to understand what my daily life looked like before moving in with the Sinhas. Literally no one believes the shit that actually happens during that time until they've been through that.

"You're doing this on purpose, aren't you, you little sadist."

"Come on, pup. It's not that bad."

"Are you ever going to tell me why you call me that?"

"Nope."

"Even if I take the metro?"

"I'll think about it then."

Groaning, he agreed so I grabbed his backpack that contained our clothes, mainly his since mine were mostly still at my parents'.

After a 10 minute walk, we were at the station. He tried to take the backpack several times, but I refused.

"Let me carry it now."

I shook my head. "No way. You've never taken the metro before. You can't deal with a backpack as well." I slid the straps off and brought to my front sliding the backpack straps back on. Then held my hand out to him.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Hold tight or we're gonna get seperated."

He held my hand just as the train began to enter the station. I had walked a little towards the middle of the station hoping to get a coach towards the middle, since those were the least hectic ones. But by the time the train stopped, many people had gathered behind us. Luckily the way the train stopped, one of the doors was right in front of us.

"What the f-" he cut himself off probably remembering we were in public.

I waited until the gate closed then turned to face him.

"What the hell is this?"

"What? This is great. You don't even have to actually get in. The crowd helps." I grinned.

"Yeah, no shit. We just got pushed in."

"Yeah, I miscalculated. We should have walked a little further to get an emptier coach."

"You have to calculate that?" He seemed baffled.

"Not exactly but kinda. Okay, not actually calculate. More like guesstimat-" I stopped mid sentence as someone pushed from behind. My grip tightened on the onion shaped things meant for holding onto to stay still and my eyes involuntarily closed.

Times like those were when I realised how short I really was and the cons of it.

My eyes snapped open as I felt a hand on my waist. I relaxed once I realised it was his hand. Obviously, he was having no problem holding on to that dangly hand railing thingy.

"Hold on to me."

"No, it's fi-" Another push from the back made it clear that it wasn't actually fine just because I was used to it. My arm strained and ached.