10. Dhum Tana Na 2

Even though it is inspired a lot by a Bengali soap opera, it also has elements of a Wattpad romance and bits of my own personality. So, lemme know if you like where this story is going..

********†********†********

"Make up your mind. All of you, talk it out and tell me, okay? I'm tired and I really need to freshen up, so I'm going to sit here, on the threshold until you all decide." I began to adjust the saree I was wearing to sit down.

"We made up our mind. You can come in. You're part of our family now and we don't make family sit outside the door." Ranajit Sinha said.

"But Dadasaheb-" Mrs. White started.

"No buts, Mishti Maa. Sinha's don't abandon family." He then turned towards Ritwik's mother. "Welcome your son's wife, Boro Bouma."

"I don't accept this marriage. I will never accept someone like her for my son. She'll never be Babu's wife." She insisted.

"Are you denying my order, Bouma?" Ritwik's grandfather raised an eyebrow.

Colour drained from Ritwik's mother's face. "No, of course not. I just.." She stammered.

"Mejho Bouma, go get the Boron Dala. Boro Bouma will welcome our Laxmi."

Me and Laxmi? Good joke.

"I respect you, Babasaheb, that's why I'm doing this. But she's no Laxmi." Surya's mother spat and flounced deeper into the house.

I sent a quick text to Naira, asking her if she spoke to Arunav or not. Then texted Molly that everything was fine and I was grateful for all she did.

Naira replied, "Talk to me tonight?"

"Yeah." I replied back a second before Molly texted back, "It's fine. Stay safe and text me if you need anything."

"Does that look like the behaviour of a Laxmi?" Mrs. White commented snarkily.

"She's a working woman. She needs to keep an eye on her phone. She's probably answering something important." A feminine voice defended me.

"You stay quiet. Didn't I teach you not to speak when the elders are speaking!" Another older feminine voice chided the younger one.

"Why are you scolding Kaju? She's right, Dyuti has to answer emails and that to for Babu Da." Surya intervened.

"You don't even say anything. You're the root of this. I can clearly see that. You have been defending her from the moment she stepped in here. If she's so good, why didn't you marry her? Why ruin my Babu's life!"

That's it. Enough. I will not accept disrespecting my friend.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I got married to a minor. I was under the impression that Mr. Sinha is an adult who's capable of making his own decisions. I was also under the impression that he's of sound mind." I looked straight into the hateful eyes of the woman was now supposed to be my mother. Somehow, I could see it. I could see her being exactly like my mother.

"Just because you are allowed to stay in this house doesn't mean you will be allowed to act like however you want. This is still my family and you will be respectful to everyone here." Ranajit Sinha tried to discipline me.

"Allowed? No, sir, I think you mean asked. You asked me to stay here. What for, I'm not concerned about. But you asked me to stay not allowed. And respect is a two way street, at least for me. Do not expect me to respect someone who blatantly disrespects me. I'm not desperate enough to be a part of this family to accept that."

My Life is a Soap Opera जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें