30. In that moment

Soooooo I know this chapter was supposed to be a normal one. Buttttt, after the amount of shit they had to go through I figured they deserved one more *break*. So, if you don't like spice, the next one will be a normal one. I promise.

*********†*****†*********

Good food meant sleep for me. Despite it being the best dinner of my entire life, I couldn't follow through with my promise to Ritwik. The moment we got back into the car, I was in my own lalaland. One moment I was in the car and then the next moment my face was buried in the crook of his neck. The slight sticky smell was oddly comforting.

We'd spent the rest of Saturday lazing around on the bed. We even had the food delivered into our rooms. Even though the break had been for me, it was clear that Ritwik needed it too.

However, Sunday was a different scene. I woke up to Ritwik tickling me like the piece of shit that he was. At 6 am.

6 fucking am.

Who does that?!

When I refused to budge and kept my head stubbornly buried in the pillow, he adopted a different technique. His hands made their way under his T-shirt that I was wearing, I pretty much stopped wearing my own clothes since his were so comfy. He traced a line starting from the nape of my neck, down my spine until he reached my underwear. As soon his finger hooked on to it, I was wide awake.

He immediately stopped and informed me we were going sight seeing. He showered, didn't even let me join, then dressed up and left to make arrangements. We left after breakfast. We visited several places and I sulked the whole time until we were at the Chilka Lake and I saw a couple dolphins.

The dolphins greatly improved my mood but the pearls made it even better. I didn't actually care for the pearls, it was the fact that Ritwik let me choose one for him to make a ring out of. I may not want to be in a relationship, but I was a sucker for cheesy shit like that.

Finally at around 6 pm we were back at the hotel but we had to wait in the lobby since our room was being cleaned.

The receptionist was a handsome man and he was all smiles. He managed to smile for full three seconds while Ritwik fixed him with one of the infamous Sinha glares.  Poor thing couldn't keep his spirits up longer than that as Mr. Cloudy seemed to be in an exceptionally bad mood.

After about half an hour we had our access to the room back. The moment the door locked, I had him pushed him against it. Mr. Thunderstorm had his sunny smile back again. It honestly shocked me how fast he seemed to switch between emotions.

"Hey."

The sweet softness of it caught me off guard. It reminded me that I got to see a very different Ritwik than the rest of the world.

You're not the first and you won't be the last.

Maybe not. But I refused to believe anyone else saw him like that. So fucking sweet that all I could think of was freezing that moment right there.

Shit. Not those thoughts again.

It had taken a lot of concious efforts to remove those thoughts from my brain. I didn't know what I'd do if I had to deal with them again.

"What's on your mind, reindeer?"

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously?"

"What? Rudolf the red nose reindeerrrr." He sang.

I let out an exasperated sigh. My irritation was only a pretense. I liked his silly ass being goofy. That was the part of him that I felt was a secret only very few people knew. Even his family didn't see him acting like a dumbass. I had a feeling only one other person could see this side of him.