26. Should I grow a beard?

"Go wait for me in the car." Ritwik whispered and shoved a bunch of keys in my hands.

I continued walking towards the door.

"I said STOP!"

Ignoring her, I pulled the door open.

"If she steps out of the door, then the doors of this house will forever close for her."

I should have walked away. I should have listened to Ritwik and gone to his car but then how would I be the moron that I was?

I turned around and narrowed my eyes. "You think this is 18th century or something?"

"Dyuti, please." Ritwik's eyes pleaded with me to not drag this out so I begrudgingly turned back around.

"It doesn't matter which century this is, you have to obey me!"

And Sebastian Stan has to marry me.

"If you cannot stop her, then you can leave this house too."

Wait, what the fuck?

"Maa!"

"Don't call me that. I can no longer recognise you. You're not my son. My son would never behave the way you have been behaving for the last few days."

The fucking audacity of her.

Seething, I turned around. I was ready to give her a verbal lashing for being an absolute bitch. The guilt tripping was not cute and she had to know that. However, I wasn't prepared for the look of determination in Ritwik's eyes.

"Okay."

What?

Ritwik's mother seemed to mirror my confusion. "What okay?"

"We will both leave the house."

Hold the fuck up.

Just like in soap operas, most of the members of the family were in the living room. 'Most' because Surya and Kaju's dad's weren't present. Come to think of it, I rarely saw them after arriving at the Sinha mansion. The great Dadasaheb wasn't present either.

"What are you saying, Babu?" Surya's mother sounded shocked and concerned.

"He's saying what that girl is making him say. Is she blackmailing you somehow? You don't have to listen to her." Kaju's mother tried to console Ritwik.

He didn't respond and instead turned to look at me. "Help me pack."

My eyes met with Surya. He looked shocked like the rest of his family but his eyes also held determination similar to that of his brother. He gestured with his head to follow Ritwik upstairs.

"Babu! Will you really leave your family for that girl? Babu!" His mother screamed after him but he didn't stop and as a result neither did I.

Once we were both in his room, I locked his room. He didn't even try to see who it was as he pulled down the trolley suitcase from the top of the cupboard. He put it on the bed and opened his closet door.

"Are you going to stand and stare or will you help me?" He asked while pulling out piles of clothes out of his closet and into the suitcase.

"You don't have to do this. Come on, I'm not going to be here for a long time. They will be."

He shrugged and continued putting his own clothes and mine in the trolley.

I stood in front of him and forced him to look at me. "Don't do this, pup. Come on. I'm not worth this."