Chapter 253: Pains and Joys of Parenthood

Start from the beginning

There was no time to waste. As they walked through the corridors, their hair colors started to change and so did their eyes. There may not be many people in the noble's district, but there was no harm being too careful.

A couple moments later and several hundred steps, they were finally out of the Royal Castle. Their footsteps continued to echo some more as they passed by lamp post after lamp post, a marvelous manner greeting them as their footsteps stopped.

And a stiff greeting from the guards and a ton of admiring gazes later, they are finally inside the manor, beautiful gardens and a glamorous mansion welcoming them, just as grand as they remembered it to be... It was the Filastra manor!

"Grey, we didn't forget to bring gifts, didn't we?" [Yuna]

"No, they're all in the 'Inventory', and... You sure are excited, aren't you?" [Grey]

"Fufufu! Of course! We're going to see Anne again, after all!" [Yuna]

Of course, the reason why they are staying longer was none other than the sweet little angel who had just turned three weeks old. They couldn't wait to see her again and fill her crib with all the gifts they bought and made.

They have been planning to give the gifts for a long time, but with all the things they do, it usually slips their mind. But now, they finally have a chance to do so. Both of them were excited as once can be.

"Oh?" [Grey]

And just as they walked down the corridors and into the flight of stairs, a familiar figure appeared before them, the sound of heavy metal echoing in the air as metal boots struck the floors. It was none other than Kurt.

"Grey, Yuna, are you looking for Elder Sister?" [Kurt]

"Ah, sorry for the unannounced visit, but yeah, we are." [Grey]

"Then, just head to the third floor like usual. They're still in the same room as before. Just don't make too much noise, alright? Anne is still sleeping." [Kurt]

"Un! We'll be quiet as the wind!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha. Then, I'll be going now. I leave the rest to you two." [Kurt]

As quickly as the conversation started, the conversation also ended. After all, Kurt is a Commander of the army, and with Vanessa still on leave, his duties only doubled. He is a busy man with little time to waste.

"Ah, right... I don't know if I should be saying this, but... Please brace yourselves. You will be up for a surprise." [Kurt]

But no matter how busy he was, he still took his time to warn Grey and Yuna of what will be ahead of them. A warning which only made the two confused if anything, tilting their heads ever so slightly.

"Umm... A surprise...?" [Yuna]

"Yes. You will soon see why." [Kurt]

Kurt didn't say any further and headed down the flight of stairs, silence dancing in the air. Now, Grey and Yuna are even more confused, unable to process the words Kurt just told them, looking each other in the eye as question marks filled their heads.

Still a little confused, Grey and Yuna continued heading upstairs and soon enough, a familiar door appeared before them. And surprisingly, the doors were both open, revealing the warm and spacious room on the other side.

"Haah... So tired..." [Ranzel]

But rather than a warm reception, what welcomed them was a lengthy sigh full of exhaustion and exasperation. Near the doors, Ranzel was sitting guard, dark bags appearing under both of his eyes. He was as tired as one can be.