Extra: The accident

Carina spent a nice quiet time with her son as she waited for her older girls to come out of school. 

As she arrived at the place, she parked on the same spot as always and waited for her daughters to come to the car. She looked at her clock, realizing there were still a few minutes left before the building opened the doors for the children to leave. 

"What are you doing bambino?" she asked, looking down once she felt a strong tug on her hair "That hurts" she said picking his nose. 

"Sorry" he said smiling at her mamma, letting go of her hair "Where is Luna?" he asked wanting to know why her sister wasn't with them. 

"She's coming" the brunette simply explained "and so is Emma" she said looking towards the school to see if she could spot them among the crowd of kids that looked for their parents. 

A few minutes went by before she could see both girls walking towards the car. Once she noticed them, she placed Andrew, or Andrea as they called him most of the time on his car seat and waited for them to get into the vehicle so they could finally go home. 

"Hello mamma!" Emma said loudly as she got into the car, quickly giving her mom a hug as best as she could "Hi Andrea" she said giving a quick look to her brother that was already busy looking at the grey-eyed brunette that had placed her hand on his tummy making him giggle.  

"Hello bella" the Italian said with a smile when she felt two little arms wrapping around her neck from the back seat of the car "How was your day?" she asked turning around, smiling at a not so little Emma that was now placing herself on the car's seat. 

"Good" she answered enthusiastically, which was characteristic of the girl "There's a new girl in my class" she commented to her mom "she's nice and she likes to play volley like me" she said smiling at the thought of her new friend.

"It's nice to hear that" she said, taking a minute or two to talk with her girls before leaving the place "What about you bambina?" Carina asked looking at her older daughter that was a bit too quiet for her liking. 

Luna had turned thirteen a few months ago and they were still adjusting to this new phase of their girl. There were a lot of changes going on. Luna's temper was short, she got easily annoyed, she didn't speak as much and was not as cuddly as she used to be. Still, they knew it was something that she needed to go through it and every time she was a bit rude, they knew it was not on purpose. 

"It was fine" she answered as she shrugged and looked through the window not taking her hand away from her brother that seemed really interested in her rings, deciding that was enough information for her mom. 

"Are you sure?" she asked trying not to push her too much, knowing by the look of the thirteen-year-old's face she was not in the mood, but still wanting to know.

"Sofia's being annoying... that's it" she stated not really wanting to take it out on her mom. 

"If you want to talk, I'm here, okay?" she said which caused Luna to finally look at her and give her a little smile "Now, we need to go" she said turning in her seat, giving a final look at her kids through the mirror before starting the car. 

"Put your seatbelt Emma" Carina heard Luna say towards her sister. 

"Seatbelts are dumb" she said refusing to put that uncomfortable thing on "and they are for babies" she stated furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Listen to your sister Emma" The brunette intervened, not wanting them to start fighting "Put your seatbelt on" she ordered, chuckling once she saw the ten-year-old putting it on saying something under her breath.