2022, Apr 11 - Namjoon (Seokjin Encounter)

[Places: Naeri gas station, container town]

(A/N: Loop #1)

As I finished filling up a car and turned around, something brushed against my cheek and fell to the ground. I took a step back and looked down to find a crumpled banknote at my feet. I bent down and reached for it. The people in the car snicked. I was petrified. Seokjin hyung was watching me in the distance. I couldn't look up.

What would I do when I met the eyes of those who drive around in fancy cars and arrogantly sneer at others? I should stand up for myself if they treat me unfairly. It wasn't a matter of courage, pride, or equality. It was just a matter of course.

But this was a gas station, and I was a part-timer. I had to pick up the trash thrown out of car windows. I had to just stand there and take it when customers cussed. I had to pick up the banknote when customers threw them on the ground. I'd live that way all my life. It was mortifying, but I had to endure it.

I clenched my fists. My nails sank into my flesh. I kept my eyes fixed on the ground when someone else picked up the banknote. The people in the car grumbled at their spoiled fun and pulled away. They were gone, but I didn't raise my head. I just couldn't meet Seokjin hyung's eyes.

He already knew how cowardly and poor I was. But I didn't want him to know the naked truth about me. He just stood there on the edge of my sight. He didn't come closer or start talking.

***

(A/N: Loop #2)

"Do you keep in touch with him?"

"No. Why do you want to..."

"I have to find him right away."

"What's going on? Is he in some kind of trouble?"

"Not now. I'll explain everything later."

"Hyung!"

"One day, we'll meet again, all of us. When that happens, let's go to the beach together."

"... What are you talking about?"

Step. Step.

Ha. I wonder why Seokjin hyung came all of a sudden. And why was he looking for Jungkook?

Oh?

"Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!" Ugh!

Honk.

Stomp.

Huff. Huff.

***

(A/N: Loop #3. Please also read Seokjin's POV on the same day.)

"Oh, Jin hyung?"

"It's been a while." The familiar voice belongs to Seokjin hyung.

"Wow. How long has it been?"

"Yeah. Have you been well?" It's been a while since I've seen him, but he looks exactly the same. We move to a corner of the gas station to continue our conversation.

"When'd you come back?"

"Not that long. It's nice to see you after so long."

"Yeah, it is. Are you back for good?"

"Yep, I think so. Do you work here?"

"Yep. I've worked here for a while."

"How is it? Not too hard?"

"It's alright. They're all the same."

"Yeah? I guess so..."

Something seems weird. I manage to gloss over it without saying much, but the look on hyung's face... He seems to have a lot to say. Now that I think about it, I'm supposed to meet up with the other guys today. Should I invite hyung, too? I'm sure everyone will be happy to see him since it's been a while.