2019, Mar 2 - Seokjin (New School)

Their ages at this year:
19 y.o - Seokjin
18 y.o - Yoongi
17 y.o - Hoseok & Namjoon
16 y.o - Jimin & Taehyung
14 y.o - Jungkook

***

[Place: Principal's office]

I stepped into the principal's office following abeoji. It smelled like mildew. It'd been ten days since I came back from the U.S, and I'd just found out the day before that I'd be one grade lower because of the different school systems.

(A/N: In South Korea, high school age ranges from 18~20 (3 years). In Seokjin's age, he is 2nd year already. But due to this, he might be 2nd year again this year, waiting for his graduation. Only spending one year from this school.)

"Please take good care of my son." I shuddered at abeoji's hand on my shoulder.

"School is a dangerous place. It needs to be tightly controlled." The principal looked me in the eye. Wearing a black suit, his wrinkly cheeks and the corners of his mouth quivered slightly every time he opens it. The insides of his blackened lips were even darker. "Don't you agree, Seokjin?" As I squirmed at his abrupt question, abeoji tightened his grip on my shoulder. I felt a twinge on the back of my neck. "I'm sure you'll behave yourself." The principal obstinately tried to make eye contact, while abeoji tightened down on me further. I clenched my fists as his grip almost fractured my shoulder blade. "You know you have to keep me informed, right? You'll be a good student right?" The principal stared at me down without a hint of a smile.

"Yes." As soon as I squeezed the answer out, the pain in my shoulder disappeared.

Abeoji and the principal roared with laughter. I couldn't even raise my head. I kept looking down at abeoji's brown shoes and the principal's black shoes. The toecaps of their shoes shined brightly, though it was a mystery to me where the light was coming from.