2022, Mar 29 - Taehyung (It Was Hyung)

[Place: Back wall of the Naeri Gas Station.]

After the owner of the gas station spit on the ground and left, I just continued to lie there bunched up on the ground. He had caught me drawing graffiti on the back wall, and he beat me mercilessly. I thought I was used to getting hit, but it turned out I wasn't.

(A/N: Sorta throwback)

I started spray-painting graffiti some time ago. I thoughtlessly sprayed paint on a wall from a can someone had thrown away. The yellow paint sprayed onto a gray wall stood out distinctly. The sight felt oddly uneasy. I picked up another paint can and sprayed it over the yellow paint. I didn't like it either. Soon, I had used up all the cans. After the last one ran out, I threw it on the ground and stepped back. I was out of breath as if I had just sprinted at full speed.

I didn't know what the colors on the wall signified. I also didn't know what I had drawn and why I had drawn it. But I could tell that it showed the state of my mind. I had sprayed my mind onto the wall. At first, I thought it was ugly. And dirty. The layers of paint smudged and blended together to create more combinations of colors. But I couldn't erase them. I sat down and leaned against the wall. It didn't matter whether I liked it or not. It didn't matter whether it was ugly or beautiful. It was just there as a part of me.

(A/N: End of sorta throwback)

I sat upright and began to cough. Blood splattered onto the palm of my hand. Someone's hand picked up a spray can. I raised my head following the hand, and a familiar face came into sight. It was Namjoon hyung. He held out his hand. I just kept looking at him. Hyung pulled me up. His hand was warm.