Chapter 245: Sea, Smiles, and Shenanigans (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

"Agh! Fine! I'll jump! I'll jump, alright?!" [Julius]

"Good! That's more like it!" [Grey]

"Woohoo! Julius, you can do it!" [Yuna]

The young prince has fully been gaslighted. With such a crowd cheering on him, there was only one thing he could do. He was just a little brokenhearted when he saw Amelia clapping and also cheering for him to jump.

Mustering all the courage he could, Julius stepped forward and watched the waves crash against the cliffside one last time. His legs were trembling a little but he had no other choice left. He needs to be a man!

"Then... Here goes nothing!" [Julius]

Julius backed away a couple steps and as fast as he could, he rushed towards the cliff, his footsteps echoing. Silence soon swallowed the air as Julius took a leap of faith, shooting headfirst as he dropped dozens of meters towards the sea.

SPLAAASSSSHHHHHH

Silence was soon broken as a loud splash rippled about the gentle winds, splashing a cascade of droplets all over the water's surface as the  waves continued to turn. It was a magnificent dive, worthy of an olympic medal.

As soon as they heard the splash resounding in the air, everyone looked down the cliff and watched the waves crash and splash. Julius was nowhere to be seen as he dove quite an impressive depth.

"In three... two... one... and...." [Grey]

"What the f*ck! It's so damn cold!" [Julius]

It was just as they expected. Just as Grey's countdown finished, Julius resurfaced on the water and the first thing he did was curse with rage, his voice echoing loud and clear all over the place, heart still thumping madly.

Well, who could blame him? After all, the water in the area was not just cold. It was super cold! It was also another one of the reasons why Grey and Yuna chose the place to punish Julius. It was more than perfect.

Meanwhile, everyone else was chuckling and giggling to himself after hearing Julius' reaction. They were a little worried, but also laughing at the same time. Especially Grey. He was laughing so hard, he was about to cry from the pain in his stomach. Friends, am I right?

"Haha... Haah... Then, should we also join Julius down there?" [Grey]

"Mmn... I'll pass. I don't know how to swim, after all..." [Helen]

"Me too. And it's also a little scary." [Tilda]

"Same here. I'll also pass for now. It's just too high." [Elise]

It was a shame, but there was nothing Grey could do about it. After all, even he thinks the cliff was just too much and it was surely intimidating for first timers. In the end, only he and Yuna would do the jump.

"Then, we'll meet you back at the beach!" [Grey]

"See you later, everyone~!" [Yuna]

"Yes, see you later. Be careful, okay?" [Amelia]

It was a pointless worry, but Grey and Yuna were happy to hear it nonetheless. As soon as they waved their hands goodbye, they quickly leaped quite the height and dove straight towards the sea, one after another.

SPLAASSSHHHHH SPLAASSSHHHHH

A pair of splashes echoed in the air once more, and two figures joined Julius down the sea. But until Julius, they weren't even a bit affected by the cold, simply regarding it as a cool bath, refreshing to the skin.