Chapter 244: Sea, Smiles, and Shenanigans (pt. I)

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Uncle~! Nice to meet you!" [Bella]

"Hahaha. Nice to meet you as well, little one... And, oh! It seems like your sons have grown quite well as well, Cedric." [Ernes]

"A-Ah, yes. I'm delighted to hear that, Your Majesty. It's an honor." [Cedric]

Well, even if he doesn't introduce himself, the other party could still call out to him. As soon as he did, Cedric quickly snapped back to reality and bowed his head, giving his belated greetings. Following him, Elnart and Galvin also did the same.

At the same time, the moment everyone heard the words "Your Majesty" come out of Cedric's mouth, chills quickly ran down their spines and their mouths hung open in agape. All eyes were on the King as they tried to process what they just heard.

"Oh, I suppose I should also introduce myself..." [Ernes]

Feeling the gazes piercing at his skin, the King suddenly turned to everyone and cleared his throat with a couple fake coughs. And with such a bright yet dignified smile on his face,  he said....

"My name is Ernes von Helvor Alfrione, the current King of Alfrione. It's also been my pleasure to meet you." [Ernes]

Their expectations were answered, and the King finally introduced himself. Before they even noticed, they already knelt on the ground and lowered their head before the King, not daring to meet his eyes.

Just thinking about how casual they have been to him was enough to make their hearts race like a mad boar rushing through the forest, sweat trickling down their foreheads. They couldn't even think straight anymore.

Literally just a few moments earlier, they also genuflected in front of Cedric, the Lord of Galderia, and now, the King was before them. No matter how they looked at it, it was not a normal development.

"W-We g-greet Your M-Majesty, the wisest K-King of Alf-frione." [Gerd]

"We greet Y-Your Majesty!" [Selia]

Everyone was so nervous they suddenly started stuttering, butchering their words magnificently. A particular person who shall not be named was even about to cry from too much nervousness, wanting to go back home now.

Now that they thought about it, Grey and Yuna were the type to invite everyone and anyone they meet, no matter what positions they had. All they could do was curse themselves for thinking Grey and Yuna would only invite normal quests.

"Hahahaha! There's no need to act so stiffly. I'm not here as the King of Alfrione, but just a man enjoying a vacation with his family. I would be delighted if you treated us like any other." [Ernes]

"A-As you wish, Your Majesty." [Ross]

Or so they said, but it was still hard to switch back to a casual tone when they now know that the King was with them. And not just the King, but the Royal Family as well. It was still nothing short of nerve-wracking.

Even now, even with all the things the King said, they still couldn't calm their hearts down. But thankfully, they are less tense than before. The King may be a mischievous one, but he also has the charisma which draws people towards him.

"Then, Grey, I'll be heading out now. I'll leave everything to you." [Ernes]

"Don't worry, Your Majesty. I'll do just that. And... Please have fun." [Grey]

"Hahaha. I will, I will." [Ernes]

As suddenly as he came, the King headed back just as quickly from where he came from and reunited with the Queen. Like a good husband, he then helped her put  sunscreen on her back, one Yuna just recently made with alchemy.