Author's Note

Interesting fact: this book was supposed to be a Christmas novella, but it decided to have a mind of its own like most books and characters do. Instead, it became a book about love, fate, miracles, and home. Devin Gibson had a small part in Hay Season when I wrote it, but as a lot of my characters often do, he left a mark that caused an itch that refused to go away. In my head, his story unraveled and needed to be told. And like Hay Season, I based the emotions, the unexpected chances, and even some of the locations to places that I can and have identified in my own life. It made the story real for me, and I hope that it does the same for you. To my own family and those I've been happy to claim as family over the years, I love you more than you'll ever know. Your lives and your own stories inspire me daily.

If you enjoyed Devin and Dakota's story, please feel free to go back and read Rylan and Mattie's story. Be vigilant as the future holds more love stories from Dewbridge, more lives changed. The characters have a bad habit of popping up and demanding their story be told, not that I mind. They keep me writing. To my fans, thank you for your support!

God Bless,

Sabrina D. Guthrie