Chapter 41: All My Children

EDITED OCT22

*********************

"Mother, I don't feel right about this," Finn whispered nervously his mother chanted in Latin.

"It must be done, my child," Esther assured as she continued. "She will understand."

"She's innocent, she's done nothing wrong. Shouldn't we ask her?" Finn asked. "She may say yes."

"My dear, good son," Esther said turning to Finn. "She won't say yes while your brother is still alive. We're saving her the hardship of asking for my help," she said turning back towards the window she'd spelled to open and began chanting again. Finn turned his head away while his mother worked her magic. "Done," Esther said stepping away. "I've got it," she said raising up the ring she'd magically stolen from Brea's hand to look at it before handing it to Finn. "We're doing the right thing," she smiled before walking off. Finn looked down at the unconscious girl in her bed sadly before he sighed and followed his mother.

*********************

Brea woke up and groaned as she sat herself up and looked over at her clock to see it was 8 am. She lifted her hand up to see her ring was missing, her breath hitched and she dived across her bed to grab her phone. "Elijah!" she screeched when he answered.

"Brenna, are you ok?" he asked alarmed.

"My ring is gone," Brea said panicked.

"What?" Elijah asked after pausing for a moment to regain his composure.

"I don't know what happened. I sent Kol away last night and then..."

"You sent Kol away?"

"Yeah, I live at Matt's some of the time. It wasn't ok for him to be loitering outside after he broke his hand."

"Yes, I can see your point," Elijah admitted, "I did send him there to keep an eye on you though."

"Yeah, he did mention that," Brea said sheepishly.

"That's alright, do you know what happened?"

"Well Kol left and I started to feel really dizzy and then I just fell asleep."

"Fell asleep?"

"Or passed out, I don't know," Brea said standing up off her bed and turning around. "My window," she said as she looked at it. "It opened. I remember it opening just before my eyes closed."

"My mother and Finn aren't here, I just checked the house."

"Finn wouldn't hurt me," Brea said.

"He wouldn't want to hurt you," Elijah sighed. "But with my mother in his ear... leave it with me. I'll see what I can find out."

"Ok, thank you, Elijah. I mean it."

"Of course. Do me a favour though, don't tell anyone. Kol and Niklaus may react, well, violently."

"Um yeah, you're probably right. Just call me when you find anything out. Bye," she said hanging up the phone. As soon as she hung up her phone rang again. "Sup," Brea answered.

"Damon slept with Rebekah," Elena snapped down the phone.

"Ok," Brea said, not sure what her sister wanted.

"How could he!"

"You're not dating him?"

"Well, no. But Brea, he was gloating. Like actually gloating. Like he was proud of himself."