Chapter 15: Let the Right One In & Under Control

EDITED SEP22

*********************

Jenna looked up at Brea and smiled muttering "morning."

"Oh my god!" Brea gasped, walking toward her aunt. "What happened to your eye?" Brea asked pointing to her aunt's black eye.

"I don't know. I think I ran into something."

"Oh," Brea said with a small laugh.

"What? Do you know something?" Jenna asked unable to recall what happened.

"Yeah, you ran into my door last night, silly."

"I did?" she asked as Jeremy and Elena looked up to give their aunt a weird look.

"Yeah, I... stubbed my toe and screamed. You thought I was in trouble or something and, bang, drunk Jenna ran straight into my closed door."

"Urgh," Jenna said dropping her head in shame. "How did I get home?"

"Oh my god, Jenna!" Elena said with a laugh.

"Jenna, Tyler took pity on you and he drove us both home," Brea explained laughing.

"I am never drinking again," Jenna groaned, and as soon as she did, the three siblings sprung to face each other.

"Lounge?" Jeremy asked and the girls nodded and they all, except Jenna, raced into the living room. "$10 each this time?"

"Sound fair," both girls nodded.

"I call one week," Elena said.

"3 days," Brea said.

"Tonight," Jeremy said.

"Oh he of little faith," Brea mocked as the girls gave him a smug face. "Rules?" she asked.

"Standard. No pouring her a drink, no talking about alcohol in front of her, no leaving bottles out on the bench for her to find," Elena listed. "Deal?"

"Deal," Jeremy and Brea agreed before the three of them returned to the table.

"What was that about?" Jenna asked. "Guys! Tell me, I don't want to be left out," Jenna whined as the siblings smiled coyly.

*********************

Brea had just finished explaining everything Anna had told her last night to the Salvatore brothers. Damon and Stefan, in turn, told the girls about how two tomb vampires smashed into their house last night and how Damon had struck a deal with Pearl to keep her in the loop about all council-related matters.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon suggested.

"Yeah, and then what?" Stefan asked. "We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say 'oops. Sorry'."

Brea narrowed her eyes and turned her head to Stefan. "Did you just crack a funny?" she asked and Stefan sent her a smile.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," Elena scowled at Damon.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it was not like I had a choice. She's... scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Of course, she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process," Elena snipped.

"You don't have to be snarky about it. Besides, you should be happy with this method. I could always seriously threaten, or harm, our reincarnating 1,000-year-old little freakoid over here and I'm sure Katherine will come running from whatever corner of the globe she's camped out at to protect her," Damon said with a shrug of his shoulders as the twins glared at him.