Chapter 12: Unpleasantville

EDITED SEP22

"I'm bored."

"I don't care," Jeremy replied.

"I'll play a video game with you?" Brea offered.

"I'm busy Brea."

"But I'm bored!" Brea groaned.

"Oh well, don't care," Jeremy dismissed

"Jeremy pleaseeeee," Brea whined as she poked his arm.

"I'm drawing, go away," he said as the doorbell rang.

"Pizza!" Brea cheered excitedly. "So who's the girl you're drawing?" she asked, grabbing Jeremy's hand and dragging him to the door with her.

"Shut up," he laughed as he opened the door and as he did, Brea's smile instantly dropped as she found the pizza man very familiar.

"Hey. That's going to be $22," the delivery man said with a smile.

Jeremy and Brea looked at each other before yelling together up the stairs, "Elena we need the money!"

"Have you delivered pizza's here before?" Brea asked.

"Uh, here come in. Just put it on the table," Jeremy said to the guy.

"No, I haven't," the pizza guy answered her with a smirk as he stepped in the house.

"Hey," Elena said running down the stairs as Brea kept staring at the guy. "Um keep the change."

"Thanks and you have yourself a good night," he said backing out of the house as Elena closed the door.

"Seriously you two?" Elena sighed at Brea and Jeremy. "Why can't either of you pay for once?" Both siblings just shrugged before running away with their pizza.

*********************

Brea's phone buzzed with a text from Jeremy.

J - Our future uncle gave me an A on the essay!

B - Jer, that's awesome! He's in our good books, woohoo!

"I can't believe you're both adopted. I never saw that coming," Bonnie said in disbelief.

"And it gets weirder," Elena continued. "Our birth certificate lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as our birth parents."

"Even though they weren't, none of it makes any sense," Brea muttered.

"Which is why you should ask Jenna. First of all, the Gilbert twins I know would always want the real truth, good or bad." Bonnie suggested.

"And second of all?" Elena dismissed.

"You just found out that your boyfriend is a vampire Elena, so unless your birthparents are aliens... how bad could it be?" Bonnie said making the twins laugh.

"Knowing our luck they're probably werewolves or something crazy like that," Brea giggled.

"Ah, ok, look, we have to go to the store. Both of our outfits are severely lacking accessories," Elena said standing up.

"I thought mine was fine?" Brea asked and Elena just shook her head.

"Ok, I'll pay the bill," Bonnie said and the twins walked out.

Just as the twins were crossing the road to the car Jenna was loaning them Brea's phone rang. "Hello?"

"Speakerphone, now," a voice ordered.

"Why?" she asked.

"I want you both to hear this."

"Ok bossy, so rude," Brea snapped switching it to speaker mode making Elena give her a funny look.