Chapter 32: Smells Like Teen Spirit & Ghost World

EDITED OCT22

*********************

It was 5.15 am when Brea's bedroom door opened and Elena came in. "Hey," Brea mumbled sitting up. "Couldn't you sleep either?"

"No," Elena said sitting down at the end of Brea's bed. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"We're starting our training," Elena said.

"What training?"

"So we're not defenceless. Ric is going to train us."

"Yeah, hard pass," Brea said sliding back down.

"We're doing this," Elena said, standing up and throwing the covers off of Brea. "We cannot get attacked like this again Brea."

"I didn't get attacked you did," Brea tried to pull her covers back up only to freeze when she saw her sister's glare. "Fine!" Brea groaned. "Get out, I'll change," she said getting out of bed and shoving her sister out of her room.

"5 minutes," Elena said from the other side of the door.

"5 minutes," Brea said in a mocking high pitched voice.

"I heard that!" Elena yelled back.

After 5 minutes, Brea exited her room grumpily. "Ok, I'm ready," she groaned before looking up to see Ric coming out of his room, a hand holding his head.

"Good morning," Elena greeted happily and Ric held his hand up to silence her, clearly unhappy to be up so early.

"Ric," Brea said leaning on the bannister.

"Hmm?" he asked looking up at her.

"If I push her down the stairs you won't tell right?" Brea asked.

Elena laughed at her sister before going silent when she saw Brea's serious face. "Oh come on Brea," she sighed.

"Yeah I'll keep your secret," Ric said and Elena snapped her head around to him. "You just got to push hard enough to knock the memory out of her, but not hard enough to give us any legal problems."

"Right, one good push. Count of three?"

"I'll meet you guys in the car," Elena said quickly before she ran down the stairs.

"Well at least that was sort of fun," Brea said as she began stomping down the stairs.

"Hey, Brea," Ric said. "Are you ok?" he asked and she just nodded her head quickly before continuing down the stairs.

*********************

Brea was sitting on the ground in the woods, leaning against a tree while Ric punched a dummy, releasing stakes into its chest. "So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes," Ric said demonstrating to the girls.

"Easy enough," Elena said. She then pulled back and punched the dummy, but no stakes ejected. "That's weird," she said looking at the stakes strapped onto her wrist, she took a deep breath and punched again, but no stakes came out. "Must be jammed or something."

"You're not strong enough," Ric said.

"Haha loser," Brea laughed.

"Well you try then," Elena snapped.

"Fine," Brea said lifting herself off the ground and she stared the dummy down, before pulling back and punching. "Ow," she whined grabbing her hand.

"Not so easy is it," Elena sighed.

"You two better start lifting some weights. Put some meat on your bones," he said as he began packing things up.

"Thanks for not sugarcoating it," Elena said following Ric.