Chapter 34: Homecoming

EDITED OCT22

*********************

"You sure about this?" Brea asked Rebekah nervously.

"Yeah," Rebekah breathed. "You?" she asked.

"No," Brea said. "But I'll stand by you," she said taking her friend's hand. She then turned to look at Elena and gave her a small nod.

"Do it," Elena said to Stefan who nodded and dialled the phone.

"Your father's dead," Stefan greeted when Klaus answered the phone. "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered," he said looking down at Mikael lying daggered on the floor. "What do you want me to do with the body?" he asked. "Well, Michael followed Elena and Brea into the boarding house and tried to grab them, so he could use them as bait. Damon and I vervained him, got him down enough to find out he had a dagger on him which he must have planned to use on Rebekah, so Elena used it and drove it through his heart." Klaus then said something and Stefan reassured, "well, he's here. Come by whenever. It's true," Stefan reassured, "I saw it with my own eyes." Klaus then said something and Stefan looked up at Damon and Elena. "Well that's not a problem they're right here," Stefan said and they turned to look at Brea and Rebekah. Stefan walked over and handed Rebekah the phone first and Brea took deep breaths.

"Hello, Nik," Rebekah greeted him on the phone. Rebekah looked up at Elena who nodded her reassurance that this was the right thing to do. "It's true," she said. "He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you," she said genuinely. "I'm miserable here, Brenna is my only company. Good, I'll see you then, brother," she said handing the phone to Brea.

Brea took one last deep breath. "Hi," she greeted nervously.

"Brenna, love, are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"He didn't touch you?"

"No. They got him down before he could get too close." Brea turned around so she couldn't see the others and said quieter on the phone, "I'm scared to even be near his body."

"I'll be home soon, love. I'll take his body away, I just need you to deal with it for another day ok?"

"Alright," Brea said before hanging up the phone and slowly handing it back to Stefan.

"He bought it," Rebekah said. "He's coming home," she said before walking out of the room.

"Now was that easy or what?" Damon asked walking up to Brea and throwing his arm around her shoulders to try to cheer her up.

"Let's just get this over with," Elena said as she bent down and ripped the dagger out of Mikael's chest.

*********************

"I don't want to be here," Brea sang as she sat tensely on the couch while Rebekah painted her toenails.

"You can leave," Rebekah offered. "I, however, want to talk to him."

"I'm not leaving you with him," Brea scoffed as Mikael began wiggling his finger and the girls sat up straight as he gasped and sat up, alive again.

"Finally," Rebekah said, causing his head to snap around to look at the girls. "Took you long enough."

"It did take quite a while," Brea said nervously.

"Rebekah... Brenna," he said.

"Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking, save it," Rebekah snapped. "Nothing you say matters to me."

"I see," Mikael said sadly as he stood up. "Where's my dagger?" he asked and Brea looked down sad, that was his first thought.

"Elena has it," Rebekah said. "So you can forget your plans to use it on me."