Chapter 37: The Ties That Bind

"Hey, where were you guys?" Brea asked as Elena and Bonnie walked into the Gilbert house.

"Umm..." Elena said looking at Bonnie.

"At the police station," Bonnie answered. "We asked the sheriff's office to get me information on Abby Bennett."

"Oh my god, you're looking for your mom?" Brea asked. "Why?"

"I've been having dreams about her, I just need to find her," Bonnie said glancing at Elena. "Want to help?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah," Brea nodded. "Yeah, absolutely," she said and the three girls sat down at the kitchen table.

"Where were you this morning Brea?" Elena asked.

"Oh, Ric gave me a training session, was not fun," Brea said.

"I'm glad you're actually training," Elena said. "It'll help you defend yourself."

"Against the things that go bump in the night?" Brea mocked while smiling at her sister before she looked at Bonnie. "You ready for this?" she asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Bonnie sighed before they got to work, sifting through the pile of Abby Bennetts.

*********************

"Los Alamitos?" Elena asked, holding out a profile to Bonnie.

"Too old," Bonnie groaned as she had a look.

"Honolulu?" Elena asked.

"Would be cool if it was Hawaii," Brea smiled.

Bonnie laughed. "Urgh, I wish. How many of these are there?"

"A lot," Elena groaned.

"Whoever finds her first wins?" Brea suggested.

"It's not a game Brea," Elena sighed.

"That's the attitude of a loser," Brea smiled back at her sister.

"There's a lot," Elena said rolling her eyes and turning back to look at Bonnie. "I asked the sheriff's office to pull every single Abby Bennett in the country."

"It might take a while, but we'll find her Bon," Brea smiled.

"I know we haven't been able to really..." Bonnie said to the twins before hesitating. "That things have been weird because of Jeremy. So thank you both for helping me with this. I know you guys have a lot to deal with."

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie," Elena said leaning forward.

"It's surreal. Having to track down a woman who bailed on her own kid."

"You know you don't have to, right?" Elena said. "Let Stefan obsess over..." Elena said trailing off.

"Stefan?" Brea asked sitting up straight. "Do you know where he is? Elena, if you know where he is you have to tell me. You too Bonnie, do you guys know where the coffins are?"

"Brea..." Elena said.

"We don't know where the coffins are," Bonnie responded. "Stefan tracked me down a while ago, he hasn't shown me the coffins you're after. He said he has three coffins in hiding. He showed me one though, I can't open it. It's spelled shut."

"A fourth coffin?" Brea asked confused. "I've never seen an extra coffin. That doesn't make any sense. And spelled shut? Nik's never really been a big fan of witches why would he get one to seal a coffin?"

"We need to know what's inside. It could be a weapon, who knows, and it's spelled shut, so that makes it a witch problem. So it falls on me. I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later."