Chapter 31: The Reckoning

EDITED OCT22

*********************

Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Bonnie and Brea were all crouched on the floor in a classroom setting up mouse traps when the door to the classroom slowly opened. All 5 of them froze, trying not to disturb the traps, when all the traps suddenly started going off and the light to the classroom switched on, to show Matt standing in the doorway shocked.

"Oh come on!" Caroline groaned. "Do you know how long it took all of us to set this up?"

"You absolute moron!" Brea yelled at him. "Right, that's it. I'm closest. I'll beat him up," she said rolling up her sleeves and taking a step toward Matt, only to put a foot on one of the traps and slip and land on the ground. "Ow," she whimpered.

"Forgot about senior prank night huh?" Tyler asked.

"Clearly," Matt said as he stepped over the traps and leaned down to pick Brea up off the ground. She thanked him by punching him in the arm. "Dude," he complained.

"How could you forget?" Caroline asked. "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year?"

"Yeah Matt," Elena said. "If I'm doing this, you're doing this?"

"Excuse me," Brea said turning to her sister. "It's not like anyone dragged you here."

"You did," Elena replied.

"Oh, yeah that's right," Brea mumbled.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt said.

"Caroline and Brea are making us," Bonnie said and Brea wiggled her eyebrows at Matt.

"Tyler is just as into this as we are. You ignored my calls today, if you answered you'd know what was going on," she shoved his shoulder.

"I thought you wanted help putting contact paper on all your books like you did last year."

"Oh no, I got Jeremy to help me last week," Brea said and Matt looked at her confused. "He lost a bet."

"Right."

"We're about to be seniors," Caroline interrupted. "These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and..."

"If we don't create these memories, then what's the point of it all?" Elena finished.

"Hey," Brea smiled. "You've got Caroline's speech memorised!"

"Go ahead and make fun. We don't care," Caroline said.

"You're all lame. And I've got 10 more classrooms to prank," Tyler said.

"Whoop! That's the spirit. Favourite group member," she said excitedly. "Take me with you, I've got the whipped cream for covering the blackboards," she danced waving the canister in the air.

"Prank time. Let's go," Tyler nodded.

"Yes!" she cheered. "Let's go!" she sprayed some cream in the air before she and Tyler ran out of the room.

"Hang on, got to give out some instructions," Tyler said, walking up to a group of guys. "Get the faculty toilet seats. And Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go," Tyler said giving the guys a roll of cling wrap.

"Hey, hey, hey, where do you think you're going?" Brea asked as she saw Elena walk past.

"To superglue Ric's desk shut," Elena said as she kept walking.

"Yes!" Brea fist-pumped. "That's my twin. I'm finally proud of you," she said, causing Elena to stop and turn around, smiling at her sister. "I mean I love you," Brea covered quickly and Elena shook her head with a laugh and kept walking. "Ty, wait for me," she said running after her friend.