Chapter 23: The Sacrifice & By the Light of the Moon

EDITED OCT22

*********************

Brea woke up when she heard a rattle from downstairs. She sat up and looked around but saw nothing, rubbing her eyes, she laid back down trying to go back to sleep. Just as she began to drift off, she heard a door slam and jolted upright. Confused as to what it could be, Brea stood up and opened the door to her room. As she stepped out, she saw Elena walk out as well. "Did you hear that?" Brea asked nervously. They'd been on edge since the kidnapping.

"Yeah," Elena answered. "Sounded like a door."

"Maybe Jeremy's up?" Brea asked.

"Maybe," Elena said and the two twins walked towards his room. As they were about to enter his room, they heard footsteps behind them. Brea and Elena both spun around with a gasp to see Ric standing there in his boxers with a bowl of ice cream.

"Ahhh! Elena my eyes," Brea yelled burying her face in Elena's hair.

"Elena, Brea. Ahem," Ric said awkwardly as he tried to cover up.

"We heard something," Elena answered trying to look anywhere but at their teacher. Brea lifted her head but kept her eyes covered with her hand.

"That was us," Jenna's voice said.

"Jenna?" Brea asked peeking through her hand shield.

"I'm sorry," Jenna said with a small smile.

"We didn't think anyone was up," Ric reasoned.

"But here you both are," Jenna laughed awkwardly. "And here we are."

"We were just..." Ric said unsure of what to say. "Chunky monkey?" Ric said offering the girls his ice cream.

"I'm not really hungry... at all," Elena said.

"I'm with her," Brea said, she removed her hands from her eyes and looked at the ground.

"Well... I'm naked. So I'm gonna go," Ric said making a quick getaway.

As soon as Ric left, Brea looked up at her aunt who was wearing Ric's shirt. Elena and Brea smiled at her before they started making their way back to their rooms. "I'm really, really sorry," Jenna said.

"It's ok Jenna," the girls said.

"Don't worry about it," Elena wore it off.

"I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you- are you sure it's ok?"

"Hell yeah," Brea laughed. "Jeremy and I have great plans for the two of you. We'll have a very, very attractive cousin," Brea smiled and Jenna's eyes widened.

Elena frowned at her sister amused. "Yeah, it's fine. Seems like things are good."

"They're extremely good," Jenna said beaming.

"Then we're extremely ok with it," Elena laughed.

"How did that child not wake up?" Brea asked looking at Jeremy's door, "I mean I pretty much screamed."

"He sleeps like the living dead," Jenna laughed before walking off.

"Night," Brea said to Elena. "I spent most of the day talking to Tyler about the whole accident at his house with Sarah, all whilst avoiding the werewolf topic, I'm exhausted."

"Night," Elena smiled and the twins left for their respective rooms.

*********************

There was a knock at the door as the girls were planning their ditch-school day. They needed a normal day for themselves and whilst Brea was planning to stay home, Elena was headed out for a shopping day. "Who's that?" Elena asked.