Chapter 26: The House Guest & Know Thy Enemy

EDITED OCT22

*********************

"It was bad. You know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel," Ric explained to the twins after Brea segwayed the conversation away from Katherine escaping the tomb and on to his relationship with Jenna. "And now Jenna knows I'm lying about something."

"John's going to end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful," Elena scowled.

Brea nudged her sister lightly, "I mean it's true. He does have a bad experience with kitchen floors." Elena and Ric both turned to look at her funny. "What? It's where he ended up after Katherine cut off his fingers," she shrugged.

"Oh," Elena acknowledged quietly.

"Yeah," Ric said quietly before moving on. "Well, easier said than done. I gave him back his ring. But Jenna keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"You think we should tell her the truth?" Elena asked shocked.

"Yes," Brea said. "Obviously. I hate lying to her."

"I'm saying I can't be with her and not tell her. It's not fair to her, and it's not the kind of relationship I want."

"Woah," Brea said standing up. "Nah uh. We have to tell her then, this can't happen. Oh my god, Jeremy's going to kill us," Brea said slumping down in her chair.

"Not to mention it's becoming more dangerous for her not to know," Elena added.

"Right. That too," Brea said pulling her head up.

"I just thought that we'd at least hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus."

"You mean after you've already potentially died?" Brea asked incredulously and Elena looked down at her shoes.

"Right. You know, and even then, how do we tell someone what we know? How does someone hear that?" Elena asked.

"Well, I'd say kind of the same way Stefan told us?" Brea suggested.

"Look, I'm sorry to put this on you two," Ric apologised. "But I feel it's your decision to make and whatever you decide to do, I'll respect it. I want to be honest with her. But until then, Jenna and I are done," Ric said.

"No!" Brea said outraged. "Oh god, this is so much pressure!"

*********************

"Hello?" Brea called out as she entered the Salvatore boarding house.

"Brenna?" Damon asked as he came into the entryway.

"Hmm, not you," Brea said walking around him. "Katerina!" Brea sang as she entered the living room.

"Care for a walk sister?" a voice sang back behind her.

Brea smirked and turned around. "I would love one. Bye boys," she called out without looking at the Salvatores as she and Katherine left the house. "So, you got out of the tomb."

"Yes, I did."

"So the compulsion broke but I still don't have my memories back."

"I think whatever is blocking your memory is a spell. Need a witch to undo that one. How did you dagger Elijah anyway? He's strong."

"Umm."

"What happened?"

"Well, the plan changed, and it worked so who cares right?" Brea smiled walking faster.

Katherine ran in front of her. "Tell me."

"Ok fine. Elena was going to stab herself."

"Joy."