Chapter 16: Miss Mystic Falls & Blood Brothers

Brea's outfit for Miss Mystic Falls, her dress I have as the one Blake Lively wore to the 67th Cannes Film Festival to the Grace of Monaco Premiere

EDITED SEP22

*********************

"Come on, what can I do to make you not mad at me? I'm already coming to this stupid pageant. You know me well enough to know how sorry that makes me," Tyler begged. They were preparing for the Miss Mystic Falls competition. Elena and Brea had promised their mom they'd participate in it, and Brea had guilted Tyler into being her date.

"You beat up my best friend."

"I thought I was your best friend?" he asked with a smirk.

"You both were, now it's just Matt, because you beat him up! Now you've been demoted to an acquaintance."

"Why ask me to be your date then?" smiled.

"If I go with you, I can't win. They won't make me the winner if I've gone with you. Your mom couldn't do it. Bias and all."

"Or do you just enjoy my company?" he asked as they took their places.

"Honour your partner," Carol instructed. "Let's focus. Right hand around. Flirt with your eyes."

"Ew," Brea groaned as she and Tyler danced.

"Left hand around. Both hands."

"This is ridiculous," Tyler said as they walked in a circle.

"You don't say," Brea scoffed.

"Oh, oh! No, no, no, no," Carol berated Stefan and Elena, as Stefan dipped her. "There's no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy of the near-touch," she scolded them. "Very nice, Amber!" Carol encouraged.

"Haha, delinquents," Brea laughed at Stefan and Elena. "Don't laugh, focus," she scolded Tyler. "Just because I don't want to win doesn't mean you can embarrass me."

*********************

"Ric! Hey!" Brea greeted as Elena opened the front door for him.

"Heard you're driving," Elena noted.

"Yeah, I am. Let me get those for you," he said taking Elena's dress before walking forward and taking Brea's.

"Thanks," the twins said.

"Yeah, um, how is Stefan?" Ric asked.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked confused.

"He seems on edge," Ric noted.

"He has seemed different lately," Brea agreed.

"He went through a lot. He was in bad shape for a while. But he's bouncing back now," Elena reassured.

"Alaric," Uncle John said coming into the hallway causing Elena to walk off. "Hey, buddy. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm the chauffeur."

"Oh I thought I was driving," John said disappointedly.

"Oh no need," Jenna said coming down the stairs. "We're going with Ric."

"Are we ready?" Elena asked as she walked back into the room.

"Jeremy can ride with you," Jenna told John who looked disappointed to be missing out.

"Yo Jer!" Brea yelled. "Wish me, luck bro," she smiled holding up a peace sign. He just rolled his eyes and sulked away, determined to ignore her.

*********************