Chapter 7: You're Undead to Me/Lost Girls

EDITED AUG21

"Miss, miss, miss, miss," Brea chanted at Matt as they played pool at the Grill after school. He then missed the shot. "Haha, you suck Matt," Brea teased.

"Just have your shot Gilbert. Even with your distracting, I'll still wipe the floor with you," he teased as Brea lined up her shot. "So when are you going to talk to Tyler?" he asked just as she took her shot causing her to miss.

"Talk about distracting," she groaned. "Well Matt, never. Never planning on it."

"Hey guys, have you seen Stefan?" Elena asked coming up to ask them and Brea's eyes went wide at the fact she just asked her ex where her new boyfriend was.

"Nope," Matt replied quickly and Elena started to walk away. "But if you want to kill some time, you can rack. Help out your sister. Come on, we haven't played in forever. I'll let you break," Matt enticed.

"Fine, although sticking me on Brea's team isn't exactly selling it," Elena giggled.

"Oh, Matt guess what Elena saw this morning! Traumatising from what I hear," Brea exclaimed.

"Oh yeah! Jeremy and Vicki," Elena explained. "I got up this morning and there's Vicki all nonchalant in the bathroom like it's no big deal that they're hooking up."

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Your brother and my sister, that's weird."

"Beyond weird," Brea agreed.

"How late is he?" Matt asked as he saw Elena check her phone again.

"Hitting the hour mark," she said annoyed.

"He's being a dick. After disappearing for like 4 days he doesn't even show up to explain. Douchebag. Maybe he and Tyler have been hanging out," Brea suggested.

"Nothing's wrong though," Elena said so Matt didn't get any ideas. "Which means I'm not talking boy problems with you."

"That's smart," Brea agreed.

"Good," Matt said sarcastically. "I mean it's not like we were ever best friends or anything."

"Ok," Elena said reluctantly. "Here it goes... what do you think of Stefan? Is he a good guy?" she asked.

"Why? What's he done?" Matt asked concerned.

"Not any one thing. He's just so secretive all the time. I think there's something that he doesn't want me to know, which makes me want to know all the more."

"Yep, we're busybodies, us Gilbert's love sticking our noses where they don't belong," Brenna chirped uncomfortable at the whole situation unfolding before her.

"Like what? Like that he's a serial killer and he keeps a clown suit in his trunk?" Matt laughed.

"Do not joke about clowns Matthew," Brea said sternly as he was well aware of her fear of clowns.

Elena laughed as well, "no, of course not. But what do we know about him, really?"

"He's great at football. A little bit of a loner. And as much as I hate saying it, he might be a nice guy."

"So you think I'm just being paranoid?" Elena asked and Brea stayed quiet and looked away.

"I think you should talk to him," Matt suggested.

"Talk to who?" Stefan asked, from behind Matt and Brea as they turned to look at him. "I'm so sorry that I'm late."

"What happened?" Elena asked.

"I got held up."

"Not a good answer," Brea whispered to Matt.

"Is everything ok?" Elena asked.