Chapter 22: Rose & Katerina

EDITED OCT22

*********************

Brea moaned as her head lolled to one side. Her head felt as though it weighed a tonne and she felt as though she was going to be sick. A moment after she became aware of what was going on, she felt herself being picked up and she let out another moan. "Shut up," a man hissed at her. Brea tried to open her eyes but they were too heavy. She tried to move her hands but they were tied together.

"Brea?" she heard Elena whisper. Whoever was carrying her then laid her on the couch and Brea managed to open her eyes enough to see that she was half lying on top of her sister. The man then crouched down on the couch and untied the ropes binding Elena and Brea's legs. He then grabbed their arms and did the same. "What do you want?" Elena asked.

"Shh," the man said raising a finger.

"Please, I'm hurt," Elena pleaded.

"I know," the man smiled before veins popped out under his eyes and fangs appeared.

"Uhh," Elena let out in fright.

"Just a taste," the man said leaning down towards Elena as she screamed.

"Trevor!" a lady's voice snapped as he was an inch away from biting Elena's arm. "Control yourself."

"Buzzkill," he said standing up.

"What do you want?" Elena asked.

"My god. You look just like her," the woman said. She then snarled looking at Brea. "You are her." Brea narrowed her eyes, confused by the hostility.

"But I'm not," Elena said. "Please, whatever you want..."

"Be quiet!"

"But I'm not Katherine," Elena said standing up. "My name is Elena Gilbert. You don't have to do this."

"I know who you are. I said be quiet."

"What do you want?" Elena pushed. The woman had then had enough and she slapped Elena across the face. Elena went flying through the air, landing face first on the couch unconscious and Brea woke up quickly seeing that and screamed.

"I want you to be quiet," she snarled before turning to Brea. "One more sound out of you and I swear... I may not be able to touch you, but I can hurt her," Rose said pointing to Elena, and Brea, not wanting to test the lady's patience, nodded.

*********************

Half an hour later, Brea felt Elena stir next to her. As she opened her eyes, Brea held her finger to her lips, making sure she stayed quiet. "How are the girls?" she heard the man she worked out was called Trevor ask.

"You didn't touch them did you?" Rose, the woman who slapped Elena asked.

"Give me some credit," he said back. "So you called him?"

"No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" as soon as Brea heard Trevor ask this her head snapped towards the direction they were in, that name sounding terribly familiar. Brea turned to her sister and jerked her head to the door. Elena nodded and they stood up, quietly making their way across the room.

"They say he got it," Rose answered as the twins reached the doorway.

"Wonderful," Trevor answered. "And what?"

"So, that's it, Trevor. He either got it, or he didn't. We just have to wait," Rose said as the twins started tiptoeing down the hallway.

"Look, it's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this."