Chapter 28: The Last Day & The Sun Also Rises & As I Lay Dying

EDITED OCT22

*********************

"No!" Brea yelped sitting up in bed.

Just as soon as she yelled, hands were on her arm as Elijah asked. "Are you alright Brenna?"

"Elijah?" Brea asked jumping slightly in shock.

"I apologize for the intrusion," he said removing his hands.

"Did you just get here?" Brea asked breathing heavily.

"I've been here all night, I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Your memories are back. I figured whilst some are good, the bad ones may be quite traumatic. What were you dreaming about?"

"Escaping with Katerina," Brea said looking down.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Have you had any other dreams tonight?"

Brea smiled and looked up at him. "I had a dream about the winter of 1657."

"Oh did you now?" Elijah asked with a smirk.

"One afternoon, in particular, I suppose you can guess the one."

"Indeed I can Brenna," Elijah smiled.

"That year was probably the most fun I've ever had. I remember seeing Nik slip and slide down the hill on the snow," Brea giggled. "And you were laughing so much that you lost your balance and followed him down not long after. The almighty Nik and the proper Elijah sliding down a hill is a memory worth a million dollars."

*********************

"Hey," Jenna said as Brea entered her room.

"Hey Jenna, how are you?" Brea said talking in an American accent.

"You don't have to do that you know," Jenna smiled. "Talk in an accent. Elena told me everything," she said taking Brea's hand.

"And you're ok with it?" Brea asked, eyebrows raised.

"Oh god no, I just think I'm in a permanent state of shock now," Jenna smiled widely at her niece pulling her in for a hug. "It's so overwhelming, and I can't really understand any of it. But what I do know, is that you're my niece. And I love you no matter what. A one thousand-year-old Viking, or a 17-year-old pain-in-my-ass American. It doesn't matter. Because I love you. And you're kind of my best friend," Jenna said with a laugh.

Brea laughed and moved away from her aunt. "I love you too Jenna," she smiled as they made their way downstairs where they saw the front door being opened. Once the pair saw who it was behind the door, they panicked and gasped.

"NO!" Brea yelled, quickly removing her shoe and throwing it at Ric's head.

"Get out! Get out!" Jenna yelled pushing Brea behind her.

"Jenna, Jenna," Ric pleaded.

"Get out!" Jenna yelled again as she lunged to pick up a nearby crossbow.

"Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? It's me," Ric pleaded.

"Get out bitch!" Brea yelled from behind her aunt.

"Stay away from us," Jenna ordered as Stefan, Elena and Damon came up the corridor.

"What's going on?" Elena asked.

"It's me, Elena, I swear, okay," Ric said again. "He let me go. Klaus let me go."

"Prove it," Damon said.