Twenty-seven

When I woke up the next morning with my head resting on Daryl's chest while his arm was around me, keeping me from falling of the bed, I saw how peaceful and adorable his face looked. He was still far away in his dreams. His was hair messy. His breath calm.

It didn't take long before his peaceful face was gone. Daryl cracked his bright blue eyes slightly open. They met my hazel ones. He smiled. I looked away and felt my cheeks burn red. "Good mornin'" Daryl said in his gentle morning voice.

"Good morning." I said with a hint of  embarrasment.

"Ye sleep okay?" He closed his eyes again.

"Yeah, you?"

"Mmhmm" He nodded with his eyes still closed. I let my head lower back to its previous location on his chest. His breathing was still calm. I could hear his heartbeat, it was racing. Why is his heart beating so fast. Does he have high blood pressure or something?

I was a sleep again when Daryl shook me awake. "C'mon you gotta get back to camp. They're gonna think ye are dead."

"What?" I asked, my head was still very much asleep.

"Ye heard me."

"I dont wanna go."

"I know, I don't want you too either, but ye gotta."

"No, I don't." I swung my arm around him and held him tightly.

When I was once again asleep, Daryl stood up with me still hanging on to him. I yelped and held him even tighter. He chuckled and swung his arms around me to prevent me from falling. "'M gonna drag ye there."

"Wha- why?"

"'Cause you don't wanna go there yourself."

When Daryl made it to camp with me hanging on to him we saw that Rick, Glenn and Hershel were back. He put me down and he saw that they had brought a guest. 

Apperantly his name is Randall. They found him last night. He had fallen on a fence and got his leg impaled. Hershel was now trying his best on fixing it.

Daryl stayed in camp. He didn't like the idea of a new person near our group. Glenn didn't look happy when he got back to Maggie. He walked away from her. We went to the house to talk about Randall. 

---

"We couldn't just leave him behind. He would've bled out, if he lived that long." Rick said.

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn said suppporting Rick.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked. Nobody answerd her. 

Hershel walked in, "I prepared his calf muscle as best as I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week."

When he is, we'll give him a canteen,  take him out to the main road, sent him on his way." Rick told us.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea wonderd. 

Daryl came standing next to me. "You're late." I said barely above a wisper, not trying to distract the rest form their discussion. "What's the plan?" He asked on the same volume. 

"They want to send him out when he's healed." I answerd.

"Alright" He nodded and we both went back to listening.

"You killed three of their men, you took one of the hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking for him?" Shane asked Rick. He clearly didn't agree with what happened.