Seven

Later that day Daryl, Rick, Glenn and T-Dog left camp to get Merle off that roof.

When they left I went down to the lake at the bottom of the quarry to do the laundry with Carol, Andrea, Amy and Jacqui.

In the distance I saw Shane and Carl with a bucket and net trying to do, fishing?

"I'm beginning to question the division of labor here." Jacqui mumbled as Shane and Carl were messing around in the water. "Can someone explain to me how the womwn wound up doin' all the Hattie McDAniel work?"

"The world ended. Didn't you get the memo?" Amy responded.

"It's just the way it is." Carol said in response aswell, "I do miss my maytag." 

"I miss my Benz, my sat nav." Andrea joined in.

"I miss my coffeemaker with that duel-drip filter and built-in grinder, honey" Jacqui joined in too.

"I miss books and my Netfix account" I said going with the game aswell.

"My computer. And texting" Amy told us, rounding it off.

"I miss my vibrator." Andrea stated.

"Ohh" Carol responded as she looked towards Ed, "Me too" All of us started laughing as we didn't expect that statement from Carol. 

"What's so funny?" Ed asked us killing the positive ambiance. 

"Just swappin' wars stories, Ed." Andrea replied. Ed came walking towards us. "Problem, Ed?" she coninued.

"Nothin' that concerns you." Ed shot back, "And you ought to focus on your work. This ain't no comedy club."

Andrea scoffed as she stood up and walked over to him, "Ed tell you what. If you don't like how your laundry is done, you are welcome to pitch in and do it yourself. Here." She threw the T-Shirt she was washing at him.

He threw it back immediately. "Ain't my job, missy." 

"Andrea don't" Amy started before she was cut off by her.

"What is your job, Ed? Sitting on your ass smoking cigarettes?" 

"Well, it sure ass hell ain't listening to some uppity smart-mouthed bitch. Tell you what." Ed started, when he looked over to Carol, "Come on. Let's go." 

"I don't think she needs to go anywhere with you, Ed."

"And I say it's none of your buisness. Come on now. You heard me." 

"Carol." Andrea told her. "Andrea please. It doesn't matter."  Carol wisperd to her.

"Hey, don't think I wont knock you on your ass just 'cause you're some college-educated cooze. All right?" Ed shot at Andrea. She scoffed againd at his antics. "Now you come on now or you gonna regret it later." He pointed to Carol.

"So she can show up with fresh bruises later, Ed?" Jacqui shot at him joining the argument, "Yeah, we've seen them."

Ed started laughing at her, "Stay out of this." He said, "Now come on! You know what? This ain't none of y'alls business. You don't keep proddin' the bull here, okay? Now I'm done talking. Come on." He finished, he grabbed Carols arm as he took her with him.

Everyone started yelling and hitting, so did I. Carol didn't deseve this, she's always so kind. Ed slapped Carol on her cheek. He was done for right now. Andrea and me started hitting and punching him. We weren't strong enough, he just pushed is away. But that didn't stop our anger at him.

We took Carol out of the fight as me, Adrea and Jacqui startede to punch him again. Everyone was yelling until Shane, who came out of no where, pulled Ed away.

He dragged him away and when he stopped he started to punch Ed. Hard, not stopping. Carol yelled at Shane telling him to stop. We all just stood there watching. I didn't expect this to happen. We all walked over to Carol who started crying, we tried to comfort her but we failed. Shane didn't stop. He kept on punching Ed in his face.

It went on for about a minute until he pulled Ed towards his face telling him something. It was something about beating him to death. I started to feel scared of Shane. I never really liked him but this was something different.

Carol went over to Ed telling him she's sorry. What the hell is she sorry for. It was his own fault. Shane looked at our faces and then to Ed's. He had just realised what he had done and walked away quickly.

The rest of us just stood there. Again not knowing what to say or do.