Eightteen

I was reading Dale's shitty book after I took a nap when I heard that the others came back. As I was once again struggeling to get up Daryl came in. "Hey, didn't I tell ye to stay down on your ass?" I sat down again giving up. "You did but you also know me, I don't like sitting still."

"I do." He replied.

"Did you find Sophia?" I asked after I sat sort of comfortable again.

"Nah. But Lori went with sum girl who claims Carl's been shot. Gave us her address. Said Rick sent her."

"What? Are we going to go there?"

"I dunno. Don't even know if we can trust her."

*

"I won't do it. We can't just leave." Carol answerd to the suggestion we had made to go to the rest of our group. We wouldn't last very long out here but Rick, Shane, Carl and Lori were already there so it would be sort of weird to not go. I was leaning on Daryl as we had the discussion outside. He didn't excactly agree with me getting up and not staying in my seat.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scatterd and weak." Dale replied. I agreed on that.

"What if she comes back and we're not here? It could happen." She continued.

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful." Andrea said backing up Carol. I also agreed on that. 

"It would be unfair for her, out there the whole time to come back to no one, nothing." I joined in.

"Okay" Daryl started as we were all done speaking, "We gotta plan for this. I say tomorrow mornin' is soon enough to pull up the stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV."

"If the RV is staying, I am too." Dale stated quickly.

"Thank you. Thank you, both." Carol told them.

"I'm in." Andrea said.

"Well, if you're all staying then I'm-" Glenn was cut off by Dale. "No not you, Glenn. You're going. Take Carol's Cherokee."

"Me?" He asked, "Why is it always me?"

"You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see whats going on. But most importantly, you have to get T-Dog there. This is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection. Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics. Because if not, T-Dog will die, no joke."

Daryl walked over to his bike and grabbed something out of the bags on the side. It was a zip-lock bag with drugs. "Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle." He threw the rag he was talking about to Dale and started opening the zip-lock bag, "Why'd ye wait till now to say anythin'? Got my brother's stash. Crystal X... Don't need that... Got sum kickass painkillers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class. Merle got to clap on occasion." He walked off back to me so I could lean on him for support. 

"Where'd he get all of that?" I asked him softly.

"I dunno, he always sorta had it. Never known how." He threw my arm over his shoulder and lifted me up in his arms. I squealed in surprise, "What are you doing?"

"Gotta get ye back in the RV, Emris. You need to rest." He started walking and I rolled my eyes at him and rested my head on his shoulder.

As Daryl got us back in the RV and tried to smoothly put me down I halfway rolled out of his arms onto the seat. I started laughing as I found my way to sit up. Daryl chuckled as he saw I was okay. I had never seen him smile before. It was very cute. "Well, that went smooth." I commented. "Sorry" He chuckled with his head down, "It's pretty tight here." 

"Yeah" I replied with a chuckel aswell. I fell asleep again after Daryl had walked out. 

After a while someone shook my shoulder to wake me. I opened my eyes and it was of course Daryl again. "Glenn and T-Dog are leaving. You go too." 

"What?" I asked sleepy.

"You go with Glenn and T-Dog to the farm. Maybe they can help your ankle and that cut." He replied. My cut wasn't as bad as T-Dog's and it wasn't infected as far as we knew. But it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. "Okay" I replied still very sleepy. 

Daryl lifted me in his arms again and got me into the car Glenn, T-Dog and me were leaving in. I sat sideways on the back seat so my leg could stay up. Glenn started the car and started driving. I fell asleep quickly after.

We arrived on the farm and Glenn gently woke me up. We moved towards the big house. I was leaning on Glenn for support and hopped my way to the porch. "So do we ring the bell? I mean, it looks like people live here." He asked as we were at the door.

"We're past this kin of stuff, aren't we. Having to be considered" T-Dog answerd him.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" A woman asked who was sitting in a chair on our right.

"Uh, hi. Yes we closed it. Did the latch and everything." Glenn answerd. The women moved forward so we could see her face better and slightly smiled at us. "Well, nice to see you again. We, uh, met before briefly." Genn said as she did so. She must've been the woman who took Lori earlier. 

"Look, we came to help. Is there anything we can do?" T-Dog commented quickly to not drag this conversation out. The woman looked at the bandadge on his arm. "It's not a bit. I, uh... I cut myself pretty bad though." He said quickly.

"We'll have it looked at. Yours aswell." She told us while she glanced at my badadge and open ankle, it didn't fit in my shoe anymore, "I'll tell them you're here."

"We have, uh, some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave them some. If Carl needs any." Glenn showed her the medicine we brought.

"Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat." She opened the door and let us in. We immediately went to the room Carl was in. Lori and Rick were sitting next to the bed he was in. Not taking their eyes of their son.

"Hey" I said after seeing the situation.

"Hey" Rick replied weakly. He looked terrible. The old man, who I guessed was the doctor stood up so we could see Carl better.

"Um, we're here, okay?" Glenn told them. Lori thanked him.

"Whatever you need." T-Dog said.