Four

As Glenn came out of the car Amy immediatly started to yell to him asking where her sister is and if she's okay.

Dale also started to yell at him when they finaly turned off the car alarm. A couple seconds later a small truck appeared.

Andrea came out first, Amy ran to her and they hugged. Then came Morales and T-Dog, no Merle. Daryl was going to kill them. When everyone was done hugging Morales called someone else. It was a cop, Carl ran over to him calling him dad. Lori stood still in shock as the man, Carls father, stood up from the hug with his son and walked over to her with tears in his eyes. 

That evening we all sat by a low campfire. Rick told his story of how he woke in a hospital, he tried to find the right word for what he felt then. "Disoriented.  I guess that comes closest. Disoriented.  Fear, confusion, all those things but... Disoriented comes closest."

"Words can be meager things." Dale told him, "Sometimes they fall short."

"I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else." Rick continued, "For a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from, ever."

"Mom said you died" Carl said as he looked up to his father.

"She had every reason to believe that. Don't you ever doubt it." 

"When things strated to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medivac you and the other patients to Atlanta, and it never happened." Lori explained.

"Well, I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell." Rick said to her, "And from the look of that hospital, it got overrun."

"Yeah, looks don't deceive. I barely got them out, you know?" Shane said.

"I can't tell you how gratefull I am to you, Shane." Rick replied, "I can't begin to express it."

"There go those words falling short again. Paltry things." Dale said with a small smile on his face.

After he said that Ed, Carols husband, thew a log on their own bonfire. "Hey, Ed, you wanna rethink that log?" Shane asked him.

"It's cold man." He replied.

"The cold don't change the rules, does it?" Shane shot back, "Keep our fires low, just embers, so we can't be seen from a distance, right?".

"I said it's cold. You should mind your own business for once."

Shane walked over to them, a small argument later, wich I couldn't understand, Carol took the log out of the fire. "I appreaciate the coöperation" Shane told them when he stood up to get back to his seat.

We discussed what we should tell Daryl. When they couldn't figure it out they all looked over to me. "Well what do you think is best to tell him, Emris? You've spent the most time with him." Dale asked me.

"I don't know." I replied, "There is no best way to tell him, he'll kill us all no matter what." Everyone sighed in defeat. 

*

The next day we heard screams, as we ran towards them we ran into Carl, Sophia and some other kids. We ran forward to check out what terrefied them, is was a Walker. It was feasting on a deer. I stood on the side with a pointy stick in my hands as most of the men tried to take it out. Dale decapetated the Walker as we heard foorsteps coming from the woods.