Twenty-three

When Daryl pulled away from the kiss we stared at eachother. "Wow. Uhm I- I just... I just didn't think- I don't know." I said at him with pure suprise and disbelief in my eyes.

"You said you wouldn't look at me weird." He said unsure and rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't expect that. I was thinking you'd ask me something more of a like 'have you seen something going' on between Glenn and Maggie?' type of question."

"Somethin' is going on between Glenn and Maggie?"

"What? No, no, no. I- ...yeah, they had sex last week." I gave up, "But coming back to your question, technically you still didn't ask."

Daryl hesitated, "I don't- I've never.. felt.. like this before. With anyone, ever." He started, "Emris, I.. I'm- I think I really like you? And.. I don't know.. what do do with that." I looked him in his eyes, "Well, Daryl, I think I've got a solution." I leaned forward. His lips touched mine. It felt once again amazing. It felt magical.

Daryl eventually pulled away again. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He looked at me, an unsure but a look full of in-loveness imprinted on his face. "Emris... I-" He started. "Shh-" I looked around, nobody was anywhere near us. I turned back to him again. He didn't hesitate and pulled me into another kiss.

Later that day I sat with Glenn at the picknick table talking about our runs to Atlanta. I used to go with him. It was a lot of fun. We'd always do dumb shit. One day we ran into an unfriendly group and after that I didn't go into the city anymore. "Remenber when we saw that jewelry store with those ridiculous earrings?" He said.

"Ridiculous?" I scoffed, "They were absolutely beautiful."

"No they weren't, not on you. They were way to big and... diamondy." He laughed.

"Okay, I'll give you that one. The earrings didn't look good on me." I confessed, "Oh! Remember the paint storage?"

"Oh, please, don't remind me."

"It was hilarious. You tripped and paint fell all over you and you looked like a smurf." I broke out laughing.

"I only liked the part where I chased you down the aile to give you a hug right after." He laughed with me. 

"I couldn't get the paint out of our clothes after." I giggled, "I still have some on my bracelets and hairtie, look" I showed him my wrist with my bracelets. "I see." He smiled, "You'll always have something with you to remember 'Glenn the Smurf'." I laughed at that.

We were eating lunch the next day in another akward silence. Glenn stood up, "Um, guys. So... The barn is full of walkers." Everyone raised their heads. Within two minutes we stood infront of the barn. "You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane said as he walked back from the doors. "No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick replied. 

"God this is our lives, man!"

"Lower your voice."

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea said.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." Shane continued, "We've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right, or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go." Rick protested.

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol answerd.

"And my ankle needs to heal before I can run, wich is the only thing we do out there." I defended.

"Okay." Shane started, "Okay, I think it's time we all start to just consider the other possibillity."