Six

"'M fine, just leave me alone." He answerd me, I could see the lie in his eyes.

I sat down om my bed, "I know you're not and it's okay to cry, Daryl" 

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

"You did, I ignored it."

"What" He replied, "Why, I don't need you. You're just looking for someone to talk to since your best friend is gone."

I stared at him in shock looking for my next words, "Thats not true, I'm trying to help you. Why are you always so rude to me at day and so nice to me when it's night. Can't you just be on of the above?" 

"I dunno. I guess... I don't know" He tried to explain but failed miserably.

"So why can't you be only nice to me then?" I asked expecting another 'I don't know' from him.

"'Cause of my brother..." 

"Why, why because of your brother? He doesn't rule you, he doesn't decide what you're like. You're an adult, you're suppossed to make your own decisions and nog give a shit about what your family has to say. So why your brother, Daryl?"

"I don't know, he just always threatened me, I don't want to be mean to ye but he doesn't want me to be close to anyone exept him. He doesn't want to be the 2nd option from me."

(Quick auhtors note: I don't really know how to type Daryls accent so I just type it like this. Okay, back to the story)

"What" I asked in disbelief of his respone, "What did he threaten you with?"

"Ye know, stopping with giving me money, wich I needed for food 'n stuff or beatin' me up. Ye know, that kinda stuff."

"What..." I said softly as I didn't want to belive what he had just told me, "Why didn't you just leave him?"

"I couldn't..." Daryl said as his voice broke and tears started rolling from his eyes, "He was also there for me ye know. And.. And he's my brother..."

I couldn't help but to get up and give him a comforting hug. It lasted a while.

"Thank you" I heard him say softly into my shoulder. "No problem. Everyone needs a hug now and then" I repied with a reassuring smile as I pulled back to take a look at his broken face.