Thirty-five

Walkers from outside came walking out the woods. Rick threw Daryl the keys and raised his gun. Him and Glenn started shooting the horn speakers.

"How the hell can this happen?" Rick pointed the gun at the two prisoners who had followed us.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa!" Oscar said before giving him an answer. "It has to be the backup generators."

"Well how the hell do you flip the switch on them?" I asked him.

"There's three that's connected to a diesel tank, okay? Each one controls a certain part of the prison. The hacks shut them all off when the prison was overrun."

"Can someone open up the main gates electronically with full power?" Rick asked.

"I only worked there a few days. I guess it might be possible."

"Come with us!" Rick grabbed his jumpsuit and dragged him with us. We ran into the tombs. I ran at the back. I had no Idea where we were going.

Walkers came from the side. "Shit!" I yelled as they got in between of me and the rest. "Emris!" I heard from the other side. "Go on! Keep running! I'll be okay!" I yelled back as I backed up from the walkers. "Don't die!" I heard from the other side. "I'll try!" I replied.

I tried to get back to cell block C but I had no idea where I was. The walkers were behind me and my legs were exhausted, still I couldn't stop running. The alarms were still blaring. I saw a door, I went in. It was clear. I closed the door and sat down against it. "You bunch of bitches." I mumbled out of breath. The walkers were pounding against the door.

After a while the alarm stopped. They found it. I sighed in relief. They made it, they're gonna look for me. Daryl is going to look for me. I'm going to be okay.

I moved away from the door and sat across the room. I had no idea what this room was but I was glad it existed. My eyes fell shut.

~~~

Daryl's pov

We were on our way back. Emris was somewhere in the tombs. I had to find her. I was opening doors in the hallways. She was never there.

After searching for a while I was starting to give up. Rick was begging me to hurry up. I was begging him to help me find her.

I opened another door. There was a woman, but it wasn't Emris. It was Carol, she was currently one of my best friends probably. She was dehydrated and exhausted. I helped her up. Rick and the others hugged her as they were glad to see her. I was too, but I'd be happier if I found Em.

"Daryl, we gotta get her back to the cell block." Rick said. I nodded and we ran out.

"Hershel!" Rick said as we got closer.

"You didn't find them?" He asked Rick.

"We thought, maybe they came back out here." Glenn said. Beth and Hershel shook their heads.

"What about T? Emris? Wasn't she with you guys?"

"They didn't make it." I answered. I couldn't believe Emris was dead, but I also did not want to talk about it. Glenn gave me a look, he didn't believe she was dead either.

"That doesn't mean the others didn't." Rick said. "We're going back. Daryl, Glenn, you come with-" He stopped talking as the sounds of some sort of loud and crazy porcupine was heard. It fell quiet. Maggie and Carl came walking out of cell block C. She was holding something which made a lot of noise. Lori wasn't there. It was no porcupine, it was a baby.

Rick walked forward and his axe fell out of his hands. He was shaking his head. He started pacing. "Where- Where is she? Where is she?"

Maggie stammered and couldn't speak. Rick moved forward towards C block. Maggie tried to stop him. He broke down next to Carl. "Oh, no. No! No! No!" He sobbed.