Thirty-seven

I was in the crowd of Woodbury. In the back. We had taped my thumb and wrist and put them back in the correct position. It helped.

The Govenor was currently speeching about this night and 'the terrorists', but I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. Until, he said, "Because on of those terrorists is one of our own."

The crown murmured at that.

"Merle..." The Governor continued as Daryl's crossbow was shoved behind Merle's head. "The man I counted on, the man I trusted. He led 'em here. And he let them in... It was you. You lied, betrayed us all." Merle was pushed into the ring. Another man, with a sack over his head and with a vest with wings was pushed in there with him. That man was Daryl.

The reason I was in the crowd was so I could signal the others who were hidden in the shadows at this moment, waiting for my signal. And so I could drag Daryl with me as we did so, because I would know where he was, for as far as I could because we were going to use smoke grenades.

The Governor continued. "This is one of the terrorists, Merle's own brother!" He removed the sack off Daryl's head. The brothers Dixon looked at eachother. They were surprised to see eachother again. Daryl noticed Andrea as he looked around, she was on the front row. Then he noticed me, I shook my head at him to let him know to not make it obvious you recognised someone else. He got it and looked back at Merle.

"What should we do with them, huh?" The Governor asked.

The crowd was chanting to kill them. I remained quiet and observed every move of the 'guards' while also keeping my eye on Daryl.

I could see that Daryl now regretted staying behind. I could see that he was breathing heavily.

Andrea ran towards The Governor, of course she was stopped long before she could reach him.

"I asked you where your loyalties lie." He said to Merle. "You said, here. Well, prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother."

The crowd agreed.

"Winner goes free. Fight... to the death!"

The crowd was screaming.

Merle played along. "Y'all know me. I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to prove..." He punched Daryl in the stomach. He fell to the ground. I was very close to throwing my axe through his head for that. "... That my loyalty is to this town!" Merle kicked him and continued too.

Walkers were brought in. Daryl punched Merle, hard. He tried to get him to the ground but failed and fell himself. They were talking to each other as they were choking each other.

They stood up. They stood back to back. They were punching the walkers. I signalized the others and they shot them. Another smoke grenade was thrown and I ran down the tribune. "Daryl!" I yelled. I saw him disappear in the smoke.

He worked his way over to me. "Emris." He said as he reached me.

"Come on." I sighed as I saw Merle with him and grabbed Daryl's arm and led them to the others. I saw Rick's flashlight and walked over to him. Daryl stole his crossbow from some guy and followed me closely.

When we regrouped with our people we ran away.

Merle led us out and we ran back to the car. Michonne and Glenn were there.

"Glenn!" Rick yelled as we got closer. Glenn limped towards us. "Now we got a problem here. I need you to back up." Rick warned.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn yelled as he noticed Merle. Everyone yelled at Glenn as he and Michonne stepped forward to attack. I didn't blame them at all. If it was me, he'd already be dead.