𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

"I can't believe you've done that," Areum spoke, cold and controlled, each word slashing through the air like a knife.

Helplessly, I glanced at Soobin, hoping he would say or do something to protect me from the wrath of his wife, but my eyes only found him with the same stoic expression, arms crossed in front of his chest, making me sink further into the cushions of the couch.

"I'm sorry," I whispered miserably, looking at the coffee table instead of their faces since I couldn't bear seeing their disappointed, angry expressions.

"What the heck, Eunha," Areum continued, not even acknowledging my apology. "Why would you finish the chips? We haven't even picked a movie yet!"

"They tasted good," I grumbled, throwing her an affronted pout, "and you both were too busy making out or whatever you were doing in the kitchen for the past ten minutes!"

The raven-haired girl's eyes narrowed even further, making me shrink into the cushions again, hoping for the soft couch to swallow me.

"I'm hungry, Eunha," she stated dangerously low, and I blanched, only now fully realizing that I was in actual danger. I knew how to pick my fights, and an angry pregnant woman – a hungry one, at that – was someone I couldn't defeat in a million years.

"I'm so sorry!"  I choked out, jumping from the couch and scrambling towards the door in a panic. "Tell me where the next convenience store is, and I'll get you your chips!"

I was already halfway at the door when giggles burst out of Soobin, and Areum yelled after me, amusement dancing in her voice, "Hold on, Eunha!"

Stopping dead in my tracks, I turned around, eyebrows tugged into a confused frown when I realized that rather than still looking angry and cold, the Choi couple had dissolved into a puddle of giggles on the ground, wheezing and nearly crying from how much they were laughing.

"You should have seen your face!" Soobin breathlessly pushed out through his laughter, clapping his hands like a seal and rolling over the ground in unrestrained joy at my misery. His wife wasn't in a better state, holding her stomach with mischievous laughter, leaning against the couch where I had sat just a few seconds ago.

Realizing that I had been played, I shot both of them a venomous glare, slowly trudging back, trying to maintain the affronted pout on my lips even though the corners already wanted to tug into a smile. Playing offended, I let myself fall onto the couch, deliberately close to Areum to softly kick her leg, but my pregnant friend didn't care and just continued giggling. And when I looked at her husband and saw that he still hadn't calmed down either, the tall officer reduced to a helpless bundle of long limbs on the ground, slapping the couch and still wheezing for air, I couldn't keep up my stoic façade anymore and broke into an adoring smile. My best friends could be so chaotic at times. But that was what I loved them for, their bubbly peals of laughter filling the room with warmth and encompassing me.