𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

When the doorbell rang loudly through the much too silent house on a calm Sunday morning, I almost fell out of my bed from how much the sudden sound startled me. Groaning unwillingly, face pulling into a frown, I rubbed my eyes with clumsy sweater paws and a deep sigh, hoping that the person who had just disturbed my morning would give up and leave if I didn't answer the door.

But no such luck.

"Eunha! We know you're in there! Get your lazy ass here!" someone I knew all too well called from the outside, voice loud enough to make its way through both the front door and the door to my room and still be surprisingly audible.

"Soobin," I groaned in disbelief. "What the heck."

But knowing that it was only my two best friends who were standing outside the door and disturbing my calm Sunday morning, I finally managed to convince myself to roll out of bed, the wooden floor uncomfortably cold against my bare feet as I trudged to the front door, opening it with a stony, unimpressed face.

It seemed like the Choi couple wasn't quite intimidated by that though, both of them taking the small gap between door and doorframe as an invitation to slide in unceremoniously despite my sour expression, a cold waft of air following them that made me quit staring in disbelief at the outside where they had been standing mere seconds ago and close the door instead. Pinching my nose bridge, I wordlessly watched as they took off their warm jackets and shoes, Soobin as sweetly attentive to his pregnant wife as ever, helping her out of her boots and coat. Only when they had sauntered further into the living room and plopped down onto the couch, I decided to say something.

"What are you doing here?"

I hadn't actually meant to sound that harsh, but I was feeling horrible because while my morning had been calm, it had been far from beautiful.

"We decided that we could hang out toge-" Areum cheerfully began but then cut herself off when she took a closer look at me, expression growing troubled, eyes softening. "Have you been crying?" she asked worriedly, and I noticed with mortification the semi-dried tear tracks running down my cheeks as my hands wiped over them quickly.

Certainly my eyes and nose were all pink and swollen from how viciously I had been rubbing them earlier. Areum didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what that meant, but I had never wanted them to find out how badly I was coping.

"Has he hurt you again?" Soobin's nostrils flared in anger as he came to the wrong conclusion, body taut as a bowstring when he jumped from the couch, eyes glinting with murderous intent. "I'm going to Seoul and beat that fuc-"

"No, no, wait!" I rushed to calm him down, holding up my hands reassuringly because I knew the tall officer very well and if he had set his mind on something as rigorous as that, there was a high chance he would do his best to pull it through, even if it was illegal and despite being a government official – Soobin was very protective over the people he cared about. "He hasn't hurt me!"