𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

The following few days passed by in an awful blur, filled with always present pain in my entire body and soul, making me constantly feel too hot and too cold at the same time, my limbs miserably heavy and my head pounding while I struggled to escape the suffocating despair that wouldn't let go of me. As I waved in and out of consciousness, unaware of how much time was passing as my thoughts only sluggishly moved, at one point, I heard a foreign voice speaking, assuring a relieved sounding Mrs. Lee that I had only caught an admittedly nasty cold with a fever instead of hypothermia and would recover well if they made me take the prescribed medicaments. And albeit slowly but surely, under the care of my neighbors, I felt the state of my body improving, the ache lessening, and my mind becoming clearer. That, however, only had the terrible result of making me even more miserable as my grieving heart was now more active as well, my thoughts never stopping from circulating around how I had lost the boy I had fallen in love with and my mother, the most important person in my life, on the same day.

Thankfully though, my lovely neighbors did everything they could to help my body and soul heal, sweetly caring for me during the worse days of my sickness as they had dealt with calling my students to cancel the dance lessons and communicating with the hospital about postponing the arrangements for the funeral. Additionally, they had offered me to stay in their house for as long as I needed to, concerned about me being alone in my empty house in my current vulnerable state of mind. They had readily allowed me to live in the former bedroom of their daughter Jieun, who had left them without a goodbye many years ago. Actually, they had offered me to stay in that room multiple times before that already, whenever I had returned from a hospital visit to my then still alive sick mother, but back then, I had always politely declined, not wanting to be a bother, intending on keeping my misery to myself and not burden other people. Currently, however, I was feeling far too horrible and anxious to want to return to a home void of anyone else, so I had gratefully accepted their offer (though I was sure my lovely neighbors wouldn't even have allowed me to go back home – they knew that I couldn't take care of myself in that state).

In an attempt to distract me from my thoughts and memories surrounding the awful occurrences, Areum and Soobin started visiting me quite frequently while I was on the road to recovery. My raven-haired friend light-heartedly chattered with me about everything that had happened in the café during the past few days, especially wondering about why so many teenage girls and young women with dialects of every part of South Korea were currently crowding the whole village and frequently visiting the café. And throughout her stories, her bunny-smiled husband kept throwing in some truly horrible but still funny jokes that always made the corners of my lips tug up, even if it was just a slight bit.

Additionally, when I had recovered far enough to bear an enthusiastic, lovely puppy that was nearly vibrating with life in the bedroom, the Lees allowed Beety to play and cuddle with me, the sweet doggy doing everything in its might to lift my spirits. As a joyful bundle of energy, the Shiba Inu only had to be in my sight, and I could already feel my lips form an adoring smile.