𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

With a hand put over my fast beating heart that was about to leap out of my chest, I slowly breathed in and out, trying to regain my self-control and make the fear disappear. It was shocking how much duality that man withheld. In one moment, he was polite, sweet even (mostly with other people and when he didn't notice me watching), and in the next second, he was distant, cold, and rude, glaring at me with undoubting hatred in his eyes. Was he bipolar or having anger issues?

I couldn't help but feel intimidated by him, uneasiness and fear making me tense up every time he was near, and it was even worse to know that he would stay in my home for the coming three months.

Shuddering, I turned my eyes away from the door he had left through and started cleaning the counter, my body working on autopilot, my mind too occupied and worried with all my thoughts busily swirling around Jimin. Why did fate constantly feel the need to throw that many boundaries and bad luck into my daily life, restricting me and weighing me down? Wasn't my life difficult enough already? Was this all a funny joke to a magical, powerful being that liked to mess with my destiny? If so, I would really like to pay them a sweet little visit and beat them up for all the hardships they laid in my way to make me trip over.

"Good afternoon, Eunha!" a cheerful voice chirped in front of me, startling me and successfully ripping me out of my thoughts.

As I turned my head to meet the person's eyes, a genuine smile came to rest on my lips as I saw the woman the lovely voice belonged to. Her dark brown eyes glittered in the warm light of the café, the corners of her lips pulled into a relaxed and joyful smile, the skin around her eyes beautifully wrinkled with laughter lines, her light grey hair being the only other feature to tell her age. The lady on the other side of the counter was Mrs. Kwon, a regular in the café who came nearly every day and was beloved by everyone for her genuine and humble nature.

"Oh, hello, Mrs. Kwon!" I greeted, shaking my head to banish the thoughts from my troubled mind. "How are you?"

"Very well, dear," she replied before leaning forward, her eyes glinting playfully. "What got you thinking so intensely that you didn't even notice me calling your name for the first three times? A boyfriend, perhaps?"

Confusion washed through me as I blinked repeatedly, then my face flushed as I realized the insinuated meaning of her words. "Oh no, Mrs. Kwon! I've been single for a long time; I haven't had a boyfriend since I came from America!" I quickly denied, eager to clarify the misunderstanding.

But her sparkling, mischievous smile didn't falter. "Are you sure about that? I saw you looking after that man that spoke to you earlier, and I noticed you laying your hand over your heart after he left!"

"Oh," I coughed awkwardly, "I'm just exhausted, that's all."

Despite her age, her lips formed an adorable, childish pout and her eyebrows drew together into a frown as she pondered over what I just had told her. With a thoughtful expression, she laid her dark eyes on me.