FORTY-FOUR

Chapter Forty-Four| Destiny

FINAL CHAPTER

One Month Later

"Tell us again how he proposed," Jayda asked as if I hadn't repeated this story to her about 1000 times.

After taking a bite out of one of the chocolate-covered strawberries, one of the many treats laid out for my engagement party. Sitting at one of the perfectly decorated tables with Jayda and some of the wives of Trevor's teammates.

Clearing my throat, "Okay, fine."

"Destiny Harper Thompson, will you marry me?"

He asked me, getting down on one knee.  My eyes began to tear up, "Trevor...", I didn't know what to say I would love to marry him but I thought to myself if it was too early. What would our parents think? I just started my career, was I ready to become a wife?

Don't overthink, Destiny, you love him. And You wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life with anyone else either. Marriage is a big step but I wouldn't want to take it with any other person.

"Yes, Trevor, I will marry you."

He picks me up straddling his waist I squeal, "Thank god, woman." Kissing my lips, as the music switches to Amy Winehouse. "I love you," he rubs my lower back.

"I love you too."

Passionately kissing me, taking our lovemaking to the bedroom, and forgetting about breakfast.

Leaving that part out, when telling the story to the girls. "Aww. that's so cute," Jayda spoke

"I love you guys together, I can't wait for the wedding."  

"Thanks, girls," I spoke.

"Nini," Trevor spoke up. "I'm sorry ladies, can I borrow my fiance for a second?"

"She's all yours," Jayda said.

He holds his hand out for me to take, staring extra hard at the large stone on my finger. When he proposed he didn't have a ring for me then. Two weeks later, we're in bed together, my hand laid out on his chest as we watch a movie together. The room is dark, the tv keeps the room illuminated with light.

He stretches his arm out to the nightstand, placing the cold metal ring on my finger, without any warning. I sit up to see what he was doing as he turned the lampshade on. The diamond glistened in the light. It was huge and beautiful. I thanked him, which lead to another round of sex.

"We gotta take some pictures together," he spoke in my ear.

This last month has been a large adjustment. Earlier this year deciding to take a job for the New York Times as a freelancer. I did decide to not live in the city, now I'm just going to live with Trevor. I tried to convince him that maybe I should still get the apartment in the city, but he wasn't too fond of the idea. I mean who would want their spouse to be living anywhere else but with them? So, I understand. As far as my old apartment, Tyler has already moved in. Deciding to move to D.C. because Jayda didn't want to leave.

...

After getting back home from the party, I am tired as hell, unlike Trevor who has tried to convince me to us having sex. But, I am so not with it, now I just have him massaging my feet. He has a game tomorrow night so I'm stuck watching old football plays on our tv. Luckily I had work to do, so I wasn't too worried about it.

And a bunch of wedding stuff I had to go over. Today had already drain the energy out of me.

"Mrs. Walker, I think it's time for you to go to bed," Trevor spoke, I finally bring my head out of my computer noticing that he is down studying plays, with the tv turned off.

"Um, last time I checked I'm still Ms. Thompson," I smirked.

He scoops me up from the couch, "Whatever you say, wife."

"Wait, wait, wait," I leaned down on the couch. "Lemme just grab my computer."

As soon as I grab my computer, Trevor calls out to Alexa to turn off the downstairs lights. Leaving the bottom half of the house in darkness as he lifts me upstairs. He places me in the bed, like the lovely princess I am. Lifting the sheets over my body, securing the bonnet on my head.

"Come here, wife." Trevor pulls me into his body after turning out our bedroom lights.

"Not a wife yet."

"You will be one soon," he said back. "Now, relax Mrs. Walker, I don't need you sleeping during my game tomorrow."

I fell asleep one time when the broadcast decided to pan the camera over to me during one of his games. Now, he will not let me live it down, it was a late-night game, that went overtime, and a bitch was tired.

"It was one time, oh my lord."

He chuckles, "I'm never letting that shit go, some of my teammates still talk about it."

"Well, they could kiss my ass, maybe if that shit wasn't so long, a bitch could go home and sleep in her bed," I laughed.

He places a kiss on my forehead, as we snuggle into each other. He whispers, "I love you, Mrs. Walker."

"I love you too, future husband of Destiny Thompson."

He snickers, "I can't with you."

"Would you have ever imagined us being together?"

"Oh baby, I knew we would have been together from the start," he spoke placing kisses all over my face.

...

This is the end, thank you to everyone that has been reading. I've had an extremely fun time writing this story.

The epilogue will be coming out soon.