THIRTY-ONE

Chapter Thirty-One| Destiny

"Thank you for flying with Delta Airlines, we are glad you chose us for your trip to Miami, Florida," the pilot spoke from the intercom system.

Just touching down in the sunshine state, hot girl summer has officially started. Deboarding the plane was actually easy, there is always that extra annoying person that makes getting off the plane harder than it needs to be. But, everyone was surprisingly calm while we landed in Florida. That says a lot because the people in Florida are crazy as hell.

Walking through the airport hallways to baggage claim, I quickly spot my large pink suitcase going around the carousel. I grab it and head straight from the outside doors when I then spot Eric, dressed in a classic Hawaiian floral shirt and cargo shorts.

Mom definitely picked out his clothes for him.

"Hey Des," he brings me in for a hug. "How was the flight?"

"It was surprisingly smooth."

"That's good to hear," he responds placing my suitcase in the trunk of this rental Ford truck. "The house is beautiful and large, so you won't have to listen to the boys bicker while they're on the game."

"Good, I don't have time to listen to that all summer."

...

"I could get used to living like this," I say, slowly dragging my sunglasses down my nose bridge to get a better look at the house

After Eric parks the car, I hop out, staring up in awe of this amazing house. Walking up to the large front door, after throws me the keys so he can get my bag. Unlocking the front door, placing the keys on the hook, placed next to the door. Walking through the gorgeously furnished foyer, through the long front hallway to the nosy kitchen.

"Hey everyone," I spoke.

My mother, Diana, and Lily all turn their heads towards me, together, weirdly in sync. Their smiles brighten up the kitchen as they see me. Lily hopped off the counter to give me a tight hug. "I missed you," she spoke.

"How? You saw me, a week ago," I grin down at her petite frame.

"I know, but I still missed you."

"Well, since you missed me so much, how 'bout you give me a tour of the place."

Her smile brightens, and she grabs ahold of my hand, "Come let's go." Pulling me towards the back doors, "I'm gonna take you to the backyard first, there's a pool, hot tub, swing set, and a mini playground."

As we walk through the patio doors, the first thing you notice is the large pool and hot tub, LED lights at the bottom of both lighting up the water. I wonder what it looks like at night.

She drags me further into the backyard behind some bushes, as we make it closer towards the shrubs, a whistle go's off repeatedly. Reaching the other side of the shrubs, you finally see Tyler at the far end of the yard catching footballs. Nick and Marcus towards the side with a whistle and stopwatch in hand. And a shirtless, sweat glistening on Trevor's tattooed, eight-pack chest throwing footballs at Tyler, every time the whistle blows.

Tyler is the first one to notice me, "You've finally arrived."

The other boys turn their attention toward me.

"Hey sis," Marcus and Nick speak.

"Hey Nini," Trevor spoke up.

"Hello," I spoke, sternly, before changing the subject. "Lily was just showing me the house, y'all can go back to whatever y'all were doing."

Trevor grabs the towel off Marcus's shoulder.

"So, is the house up to your liking?" He asked me.

"Could be better, but with my presence here, it'll be better."

He trudged over to me, "I'm sure, it will."

So close to me, my neck strains looking at him, but it's better that I'm looking at his face and not his athletically trained body. That is dripping in sweat if I didn't already mention that.

I clear my throat, breaking eye contact with him, "Well, I'm gonna continue my tour with Lily, and leave y'all alone."

...

After walking around the entire house, I finally settled in my room. Unpacking my suitcases and makeup bags, then took a much-needed hot shower.

My room is the farthest away from the family-neutral part of the house, don't get me wrong I love my family. But, I do need my space from them. After getting dressed from my shower, I head to the dining room for dinner in some sweats and a cami top. And with my bra under this cami, it gives my tits, a little boost. My braids up in a messy pony and out of my face.

Once I make it to the dining room, Marcus and Nick were setting the table, and Lily was their aid with spoons and forks. I smirk at the site of them, before going to the kitchen where there seems to be a lot of commotion.

My mother, Diana, and a woman and man that I do not know. They're all standing around the kitchen island talking, while Marcus and Nick come in every few seconds to pick the side dishes off of the counter.

My mother notices me standing in the doorway, "Destiny, come here, let me introduce you to somebody."

I walk over to her, and she lightly grabs my arm, "This is my daughter, Destiny."

"Hello," I spoke shyly.

She gasps, pulling me into a hug, "Oh lord, this is little baby, Destiny." She pulls away from the hug, getting a better look at my face, "You've gotten so big, I used to go to college with your mom and Diana. I don't know if you remember me, I'm Lauren..."

'I don't, but it's nice to meet you,' I thought.

Lauren has brown skin, her face shows that she is older than me, someone around my mother's age. She is dressed in a light red sweater, which is shocking to me because it is hotter than hell down here in Miami.

She ushers the man over to us, "This is my son, Carter, y'all probably don't remember each other. When you were babies, y'all used to have tons of playdates. That was before we moved down to Miami."

When I first saw them I didn't notice how much they look alike. He seems to be the younger, much taller, male version of her. His brown skin resembles hers, his light brown eyes, and his bright smile twinkles when he flashes it at me.

"It's nice to meet you, Carter," I spoke.

"You as well," his deep voice spoke. His eyes wander up and down my body, he tries his best to not make it obvious that, but the whole world could notice our interaction.

Boy it's just sweats, nothing crazy.

He is slightly taller than me. Not as tall as Trevor, but definitely tall, nonetheless. His muscles are showcased through his short sleeve tee like he works out a lot.

"They're gonna be having dinner with us, Des," my mother spoke, taking me away from analyzing Carter.

"Seems like everyone is downstairs, how about we go get settled at the table," Diana said.

...

<3