THIRTY-SEVEN

Chapter Thirty-Seven| Trevor

When I showed up at the beach, the most I expected was to get scolded by Nini. But as I sat with her in my arms earlier, sobbing in my chest. My entire mood changed, but I'm glad I showed up when I did.

She wanted me to stay with her tonight and she soon fell asleep in my arms. Honestly, I can't sleep, too upset about everything, I know she didn't want me to do anything and I won't. She went on and on about how I needed to think about my career before I do anything crazy before she fell asleep. But, that doesn't mean the thought of her having to go through that doesn't boil my blood.

I can't let him get away with this.

I pick up my phone and scroll through my call contacts before landing on the number I was searching for and dialing the number.

"Yo," I spoke through the phone while caressing Nini's soft skin. "I need you to handle something for me."

...

Destiny

I flutter my eyelashes open, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Stirring around the bed, feeling a heavy weight on my lower stomach, looking down to see Trevor's body lying comfortably on mine. Stretched my arms above my head, before smacking him to get off, considering he's laid out on my bladder.

He groans and rolls off of me, so I could use the bathroom. After I finished using the bathroom, I come back into the room to see him sitting up on the headboard. "How you feeling?" he asked me.

I rolled back into bed, snuggling into his side, "I'm fine."

"Nini," he snakes his arms around my waist. "You sure?"

"I am, really. Still a little shaken up, but I'm good, but I don't wanna see his face ever again."

"Good, 'cause you won't have to, I took care of it," he spoke.

I lean away from his body, "What do you mean you took care of it?" He shrugs his shoulders, I grab his hands and check for any bruises, and search his chest, neck, and face as well. "What did you do? Did you go back out last night?"

He gently grabs my hands, "Nini, relax, I ain't do nothing. I slept in this room all night with you, I promise. But, a friend of mine helped out."

"Helped out with what?"

"Let's just say Carter ain't playing no more minor or major league anything," He spoke and I stare blankly at him. "A friend of mine knows his coach, whose wife is a very big advocate of getting women out of domestic abuse situations, heavily focusing on women who have been sexually and physically taken advantage of. The coach wasn't pleased to hear his player has been taking advantage of women like that. Dropped his ass off the team like a fly."

"But how did you get the coach to believe you, it's our word against his."

"Actually it wasn't, sadly you weren't the only person that had a problem with ole boy. My friend has some connections and found another girl that he messed with that same night. And got her to speak up about what he did to her, sadly she didn't have to say much." he scratched the back of his head, "There was a lot of evidence left behind."

"Did he...did he rape her?" I asked scarily.

"Yes, Nini."

My eyes started to water, "Oh my gosh, that could've easily been me."

Trevor wipes away my teary eyes, "But it wasn't, Nini. Stop worrying about the 'What if's', you are safe now and that motherfucker is going away for a long time. I'll make sure of it."