THIRTY-THREE

Chapter Thirty-Three| Destiny

We've been here for a week now, and while I do like it down here. It won't stop fucking raining, literally the past three days it has rained. And when it is not raining, it's humid as fuck outside.

But, excluding the rain we were still able to do many activities, last night, we had dinner at one of those south beach boardwalk restaurants. The rain clouds had cleared away so it was a stary, full moon night on the beach.

And when I woke up this morning to a thunderclap, sounding like a truck just rammed into the side of our house, almost through me out of my bed.

What a great way to start the morning.

But, it's mid-afternoon now, and the sun is shining again.

This bipolar ass weather needs to give me a break.

Lily wanted us to have a pool day, she's been wanting it so bad. Like literally sitting in front of the patio door, waiting for the rainfall to stop.

Right now, the boys are outside, helping clean the rain off the outside furniture. While I put on my bathing suit.

Just as I apply sunscreen to my face, I hear small flip-flops approaching my door

"Des," Lily whined. "Can you help me tie the back of my bathing suit?"

I signal her to move closer to me, sitting at my vanity. While I tie the back of her 'The Little Mermaid' themed one piece. after I finish tying I make sure her hair is not tangled up in it so she won't be uncomfortable.

Then, I grab my shades and we both head downstairs to the kitchen.

Diana, dressed in a sage green sundress, cut up some fruits and placed them on a platter. while we head to the patio doors. But, not before stealing some strawberries off the board.

When we get outside Marcus and Nick are, for some odd reason, doing front flips off the diving board into the pool. While Dan and Eric are firing up the grill, with no meat I might add.

"How are y'all on the grill with nothing cooking?" I asked curiously.

They playfully roll their eyes at me. "We sent Trev and Tyler to the grocery store to pick some up for us."

"Ohh, are they getting pork chops?" Lily asked, excitedly.

"Of course, they are," Dan responds.

I gleam with excitement, Dan's pork chops are super good. Ion know, what it is. But, those white dads be throwing down on the grill.

My mother has her speaker out here playing some classic 90s songs, as she relaxes and sings along to the music, on a nearby beach chair.

Lily dashes her flip-flops to the corner and does a cannonball into the pool, I flinch back as she splashes water on me. I ditch my crocs as well, taking the stairs into the pool, I'm not messing up my hair, baby...ion play like that.